RANGERS HOST RAYS AND ANGELS DURING SEVEN-GAME
HOMESTAND BEGINNING MONDAY
Joe Nichols to perform in concert following August 16 game
Arlington, Texas—The Texas Rangers will host the Tampa Bay Rays and Los Angeles Angels during a seven-game homestand that begins on Monday, August 11.
The Rays, who defeated the Rangers in the 2013 A.L. Wild Card tiebreaker game in their last appearance in Arlington on September 30, 2013, open the homestand with 7:05 p.m. games on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, August 11-14. On Tuesday, the first 15,000 fans, receive a Dr Pepper/Minyard Food Stores Pudge Rodriguez Gold Glove Bobblehead. August 13 is Nolan Ryan Beef Dollar Hot Dog Wednesday and Dr Pepper Autograph Wednesday for youngsters 13 and under.
The Angels makes their second of three 2014 trips to Globe Life Park for games on Friday and Saturday, August 15-16 at 7:05 p.m. and Sunday, August 17 at 2:05 p.m. A post-game Fireworks Show set to the music of the great Elvis Presley follows Friday’s game, and fans can purchase $15.00 Upper Reserved tickets to the August 15 contest by entering FIREWORKS as the coupon code at texasrangers.com. In addition, fans who wish to watch the fireworks from the field can purchase $10.00 infield passes at texasrangers.com or the Globe Life Park box office (space is limited).
Country music artist Joe Nichols will perform a post-game on-field concert presented by Budweiser on Saturday, August 16. The concert is free to all ticketholders attending the Rangers-Angels game that night. In addition, fans who wish to watch the concert from the field can purchase $12.00 infield passes at texasrangers.com/concerts or the Globe Life Park box office (space is limited). On Sunday, the first 10,000 youngsters, 13 years of age and under receive a Medical Center Arlington Yu Darvish Growth Chart.
Tickets for the upcoming homestand and all 2014 home games can be purchased at texasrangers.com, by calling 972.RANGERS, and at the Globe Life Park in Arlington ticket office.
Game-by-game highlights of the homestand:
Monday, August 11 vs. Tampa Bay Rays – 7:05 p.m. – FSSW-HD
- Junior and Senior RBI World Series champion pre-game presentation
- Yu Darvish Strikeout Ticket Special. With 8 strikeouts for Darvish in his last home start, fans can receive $8.00 off regular ticket prices in selected seating areas. Visit texasrangers.com/strikeout and use the online coupon code STRIKEOUT.
- Baseball Tomorrow Fund Equipment Drive pre-game presentation
- Ceremonial first pitch by U.S. Olympic bobsledder Johnny Quinn
- National Anthem performed by Josh Grider
Tuesday, August 12 vs. Tampa Bay Rays – 7:05 p.m. – FSSW-HD
- Dr Pepper/Minyard Food Stores Pudge Rodriguez Gold Glove Bobblehead for first 15,000 fans
- Ozarka Online Ticket Tuesday
- National Anthem performed by Fusion
Wednesday, August 13 vs. Tampa Bay Rays – 7:05 p.m. – FSSW-HD
- Nolan Ryan Beef Dollar Hot Dog Wednesday
- Dr Pepper Autograph Wednesday for youngsters 13 and under
- Spirit Night demonstrations on first base concourse, 5:45-6:15 p.m.
- 2014 Heart and Hustle pre-game presentation to Adrian Beltre
- National Anthem performed by Tommy Ray Williams
Thursday, August 14 vs. Tampa Bay Rays – 7:05 p.m. – FSSW-HD
- KIA Choo Crew (all fans in a designated outfield section get a Choo Crew T-Shirt, Cheer Card, and KIA coupons)
- Japan America Friendship Night pre-game presentation
- National Anthem performed by Heritage Square Quartet
Friday, August 15 vs. Los Angeles Angels – 7:05 p.m. – TXA 21-HD
- Post-game Fireworks Show set to music of Elvis Presley
- Ceremonial first pitch by 2014 Miss Texas Monique Evans
- National Anthem performed by Devin Crandell
- Pre and post-game appearances by the Wheeling Elvi
Saturday, August 16 vs. Los Angeles Angels – 7:05 p.m. – FSSW-HD
- Joe Nichols Post-Game Concert presented by Budweiser
- National Anthem performed by Robert Brigance
Sunday, August 17 vs. Los Angeles Angels – 2:05 p.m. – FSSW-HD Gates open at 12 noon
- Medical Center Arlington Yu Darvish Growth Chart for first 10,000 fans, 13 and under
- Blue Bell $1 Ice Cream Sunday (youngsters, 13 and under)
- Summer Reading Club parade
- National Anthem performed by the Liberty Belles
- God Bless America performed by TSgt. Shonda Walker
- Run the Bases post-game
2014 TEXAS RANGERS BASEBALL TOMORROW FUND EQUIPMENT DRIVE
TO TAKE PLACE IN CONJUNCTION WITH MLB RBI WORLD SERIES
Equipment can be dropped off at RBI World Series Games this weekend and at Globe Life Park on Monday
In support of the ongoing commitment from Major League Baseball, its Clubs and the players to Increase opportunities for youth participation in baseball and softball, the Texas Rangers will once again partner with the Baseball Tomorrow Fund (BTF) to host an equipment collection drive in 2014.
The 2014 Equipment Drive is being held in conjunction with the MLB RBI Baseball World Series, which takes place Friday through Monday, August 8-11.
This year marks the ninth season the Baseball Tomorrow Fund has teamed with Major League Baseball Clubs to supplement their existing equipment collection programs and to help facilitate the creation of new programs. Fans may drop off new and gently used baseball and softball equipment at the RBI World Series Games at the Oak Grove Baseball Complex (Fields H & I) in Grapevine on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday between 7:30 a.m. and 7:30 p.m. The equipment drive will also take place during the RBI World Series Championship Games on Monday morning beginning at 7:00 a.m. at Globe Life Park in Arlington. Fans can also drop off equipment at Globe Life Park prior to the Rangers-Tampa Bay Rays game from 4:30-7:30 p.m. on Monday evening.
Equipment may also be dropped off at the Majestic Grand Slam Shop at Globe Life Park in Arlington and the Rangers Team Stores in Dallas and Fort Worth during regular store hours between now and August 11.
The equipment donated will benefit the Texas Rangers RBI programs in North Texas. In addition, the Baseball Tomorrow Fund will donate $2,500.00 grants to the City of Dallas and City of Fort Worth Parks and Community Services for their MLB RBI Programs. Academy Sports + Outdoors will also donate equipment to both RBI programs.