PBS PRIMETIME PROGRAM HIGHLIGHTS
Week of April 12-18, 2015
In this week’s highlights:
- On-air Picks of the Week
- New and Notable Videos
- Local Connections Google Map
- PBS Primetime Schedule, Sunday-Saturday
On-air Picks of the Week
- *NEW* NATURE “Animal Homes: Location, Location, Location” premieres Wednesday, April 15, 2015, 8:00-9:00 p.m. ET.
- *NEW* NOVA “The Great Math Mystery” premieres Wednesday, April 15, 2015, 9:00-10:00 p.m. ET.
- *NEW* VOCES ON PBS “Children of Giant” premieres Friday, April 17, 2015, 10:00-11:30 p.m. ET (check local listings.)
New and Notable Video
- GREAT PERFORMANCES “Annie Lennox: Nostalgia Live in Concert” full-length episode. Premieres Friday, April 3, 2015, 10:00-11:00 p.m. ET.
- THE DAY THE ’60S DIED full-length episode. Premieres Monday, April 28, 2015, 8:00-9:00 p.m. ET.
- INDEPENDENT LENS “Little White Lie” preview. Premieres Monday, March 23, 2015, 10:00-11:00 p.m. ET.
- WOLF HALL ON MASTERPIECE cast & creators on the series. Premieres Sundays, April 5-May 10, 2015, 10:00-11:00 p.m. ET.
Local Connections Google Map
- Below is a link to our Local Connections Google Map, which includes information connecting national programs to local markets. Visit the map at: http://ow.ly/clSq7.
We will update this map weekly, so be sure to check back for updates.
SUNDAY, APRIL 12, 2015
*NEW* CALL THE MIDWIFE, Season 4 “Episode 3” (#403) (HD) (TV-14)
See a mother’s lifeturned upside down and Nurse Crane’s efforts to aid a malnourished woman.
*NEW* MASTERPIECE CLASSIC “Mr. Selfridge, Season 3: Episode Three” (#4512) (HD) (TV-PG)
Watch as Agnes and Henri call it quits, and Harry and Nancy reach an understanding.
Rpts 4/16/15, 9:00-10:00 p.m.
*NEW* WOLF HALL ON MASTERPIECE “Episode Two” (#4558) (HD) (TV-PG)
Learn why Cromwell remains in London after Wolsey is forced to move to York.
MONDAY, APRIL 13, 2015
Rpts 4/16/15, 10:00-11:00 p.m.
*NEW* ANTIQUES ROADSHOW “Birmingham” (Hour Three) (#1912) (HD) (TV-G)
Signed first edition of To Kill a Mockingbird; Titanic photograph and book; Rolex military watch.
ANTIQUES ROADSHOW “Biloxi” (Hour One) (#1513) (HD) (TV-G) (R)
*NEW* INDEPENDENT LENS “The Homestretch” (#1612) (HD) (TV-PG)
Follow three ambitious Chicago teens who fight to stay in school, graduate and build a future.
TUESDAY, APRIL 14, 2015
*NEW* TWICE BORN – STORIES FROM THE SPECIAL DELIVERY UNIT “Episode 3” (#103) (HD) (TV-14)
Follow a couple seeking help for their unborn child, who has a lower urinary tract obstruction.
ESCAPE FROM A NAZI DEATH CAMP (#NAZP) (HD) (TV-14, V) (R)
FRONTLINE “Memory of the Camps” (#318) (HD) (EXEMPT) (R)
WEDNESDAY, APRIL 15, 2015
*NEW* NATURE “Animal Homes: Location, Location, Location” (3209) (HD) (TV-G)
Chart the building plans of various species to gain insight into animal creativity and innovation.
@PBSnature | #NaturePBS | #pbsTHINKday
*NEW* NOVA “The Great Math Mystery” (#4207) (HD) (TV-PG)
Take a mathematical mystery tour—an exploration of math’s astonishing power across the centuries.
@novapbs| #novapbs | #pbsTHINKday
*NEW* KAMIKAZE (KAMI) (HD) (TV-PG, V)
Learn how kamikaze weapons were built and launched.
THURSDAY, APRIL 16, 2015
Rpts 4/17/15, 9:00-10:00 p.m.
*NEW* AMERICAN MASTERS “Jascha Heifetz: God’s Fiddler” (#2802) (TV-G) (HD)
Discover the mysterious violin virtuoso through Itzhak Perlman, students and archival
Rpt of 4/2/15, 10:00-11:00 p.m.
WOLF HALL ON MASTERPIECE “Episode Two” (#4558) (HD) (TV-PG) (R)
Rpt of 4/13/15, 8:00-9:00 p.m.
ANTIQUES ROADSHOW “Birmingham” (Hour Three) (#1912) (HD) (TV-G) (R)
FRIDAY, APRIL 17, 2015
*NEW* WASHINGTON WEEK WITH GWEN IFILL (#5440) (HD) (EXEMPT)
Join Gwen Ifill and noted journalists for a discussion of the big stories from DC.
@washingtonweek | #WashingtonWeek
*NEW* CHARLIE ROSE – THE WEEK (#239) (HD) (EXEMPT)
Join Charlie Rose for highlights of conversations with the week’s guests on his nightly program.
Rpt of 4/16/15, 8:00-9:00 p.m.
AMERICAN MASTERS “Jascha Heifetz: God’s Fiddler” (#2802) (TV-G) (HD) (R)
*NEW* VOCES ON PBS “Children of Giant” (#201) (TV-PG) (HD)
Investigate the 1955 film’s still timely examination of racial prejudice.
SATURDAY, APRIL 18, 2015
AUSTIN CITY LIMITS “The Shins/Dr. Dog” (#3804) (TV-PG) (HD) (R)
PBS PressRoom: www.pbs.org/pressroom
PBS on Facebook: www.facebook.com/pbs
PBS YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/pbs
PBS on Twitter: www.twitter.com/pbspressroom