Over 1900 Participants, 354 Different Wines & 47,000 Food Samples!
Sarasota, Florida ~ Each year Forks & Corks presented by the Sarasota-Manatee Originals continues to reach new heights. This year was no exception with records reached in ticket sales and wines purchased. Here’s a few facts for each of the weekends events.
- Winemaker Events
- 12 events held at different Sarasota-Manatee Originals restaurants featuring 16 different winemakers
- Over 400 Guests Participated in these formal dinners.
- Retail Tastings
- 1000 participants at 3 locations
- Nearly 2000 bottles of wine sold
- Forks & Corks University
- 17 different winemakers were guest panelists for three different seminars
- 160 participants
- Grand Tasting
- Trade Tasting
- Over 400 attendees including restaurateurs, hoteliers and retailers
- Over 1200 wine bottles were sampled
- Random Facts
- 6500 Bottles of Wine sold equaled over $120,000 in Wine Sales
- Over $40,000 raised for the Ringling Museum
- Over $14,000 raised for All Faith’s Food Bank
- Tickets Sold Out in 2 Minutes
- The moment tickets went on sale, more than 10x the number of people were on the site than tickets available.
Visit our website at dineoriginal.com for more information or follow us on Facebook as we post event information throughout the weekend.
About the Sarasota-Manatee Originals
The Sarasota-Manatee Originals is a group of locally owned restaurants who share a passion for dining excellence and commitment to our community. With more than 50 restaurants the group has become the go-to resource for an “Eat Like a Local” experience. For more information, call 941-365-2800 or visit www.dineoriginal.com.