Uber Celebrates College Football Championship in Tampa with Designated Lot for Drop-off and Pickup
-Company partners with Tampa Bay Sports Commission to give fans smooth transportation experience-
(Tampa, Fla.) – In partnership with the Tampa Bay Sports Commission, Uber will have a designated ridesharing lot, located across from Steinbrenner Field (photo below), for drop-offs and pickups before and after the game on Monday, Jan. 9.
How to Get an Uber Ride from the Lot
- Proceed to the designated Uber lot across from Steinbrenner Field to request a ride.
- After the ride has been confirmed, you must call or text the Uber driver to receive their designated parking space number.
- Once you receive the Uber driver’s space number, check in with the security guard near the lot to be escorted to your Uber car.
“It’s our goal to make sure fans have a seamless experience getting to and from the game,” said Javi Correoso, Uber Public Affairs Manager. “We are excited to partner with the Tampa Bay Sports Commission to connect residents and visitors with safe and affordable rides throughout the weekend.”
To add to the gameday experience Uber has partnered with Fanatics, the global leader for licensed sports merchandise and the official merchandise partner of the College Football Playoff, to open a pop up retail shop selling official championship gear for the winning team immediately following the game, and a free Dr Pepper while waiting. Uber is also integrated into the Tampa Bay Sports Commission’s CFP Social Passport app allowing event attendees to request a ride directly. Fans who check into events via this app can earn prizes, including free Uber rides.
Tips for Getting the Most out of Your Uber Ride:
- Upfront fares: With upfront fares, Uber riders will see the total cost of a ride before a request is made. That means riders get to see and approve the fare in advance. When fares are much higher than usual, it will be called out in the ride menu, and the rider will be asked to confirm the higher fare in the app. The upfront fare takes into account all the factors that typically affect the price of a trip, including how many people are requesting rides, the length of the journey, etc.
- Confirm your driver and car: Make sure to get into the right car with the right driver. Double check the car’s model and license plate in the app before getting into the vehicle, and confirm the driver by asking for their name and looking at their picture.
- Respectful rides: To help make Uber better for everyone, make sure to follow the updated Community Guidelines to ensure that both riders and drivers treat each other with respect.
- Contact support: Contact the driver directly in the app to track down lost items. Or contact or visit the Help Center for all other issues.
Uber is evolving the way Florida moves. By seamlessly connecting riders to drivers through our apps, we make communities more accessible, opening up more possibilities for riders and more business for drivers.