RANGERS TO HOST WHITE SOX AND BLUE JAYS
DURING SIX-GAME HOMESTAND, MAY 9-15
Weather Day, Rougned Odor Bobblehead Giveaway, and Post-Game Concerts highlight the homestand
Arlington, Texas—The Texas Rangers return to the Lone Star State for a six-game homestand against the Chicago White Sox and Toronto Blue Jays at Globe Life Park beginning Monday, May 9.
The A.L. Central-leading White Sox make their only regular season trip to Arlington for a three-game series Monday, May 9 and Tuesday, May 10, at 7:05. The series concludes with a 1:05 p.m. matinee on Wednesday, May 11.
On Tuesday, the first 20,000 fans will receive an MLB Network Rangers A.L. West Champs Tote Bag.
Weather Day, presented by CBS 11, returns to Globe Life Park on Wednesday, with CBS 11 Meteorologists Scott Padgett, Jeff Jamison, Lisa Villegas, and Jeff Ray hosting an hour long “Weather Authority” class at approximately 10:00 a.m. The program will feature information about severe weather safety; interactive lessons on the solar system, thunderstorms, and hail; experiments illustrating cloud formation, air pressure, and fronts; and demonstrations of a National Weather Service weather balloon.
Admission to the event is free with purchase of a ticket to Wednesday afternoon’s game against the Sox, and the Centerfield and Home Plate gates will open for the event at 9:30 a.m. After the event and through the game, the CBS 11 Storm Chaser vehicle will be outside the first base gate.
Wednesday’s contest will also feature Texas Chili Company Dollar Hot Dog Day and the return of Hamels’ Heroes, the date of Cole Hamels’ next projected start. Special tickets in section 9 with T-shirts and K-cards can be purchased for each of Hamels projected home starts.
The Blue Jays return to Arlington for the first time since Games 3 and 4 of the 2015 ALDS for a three-game series, Friday, May 13 at 7:05 p.m.; Saturday, May 14 at 7:05 p.m.; and Sunday, May 15 at 2:05 p.m.
Post-game fireworks with a Friday the 13th theme will highlight Friday’s festivities.
The series features a pair of post-game concerts, as country singer Cody Johnson presented by Budweiser takes the stage on Saturday and Christian recording artist TobyMac presented by Buckner International performs on Sunday.
Bark at the Park presented by AvoDerm Natural Pet Foods and Nylabone returns on Saturday and will include a Dog Day Parade and costume contest, with Rangers Wives judging the costumes and selecting a winner on the field before the game. Advance registration is required. In addition, the first 15,000 fans entering Globe Life Park will receive Dr Pepper/Kroger Rougned Odor Bobbleheads.
The series concludes Sunday with Play Ball Weekend and $1 ice cream for youngsters under 13, thanks to another edition of Blue Bell Ice Cream Sunday.
Tickets can be purchased at texasrangers.com, by calling 972.RANGERS, and at the Globe Life Park in Arlington ticket office.
Game-by-game highlights of the homestand:
Monday, May 9 vs. Chicago White Sox – 7:05 p.m. – FSSW-HD
- Breast Cancer Awareness Night, with over 200 survivors lining the first and third base lines before the game
- Texas Rangers April Player of the Month presentation to Elvis Andrus
- First Pitch by 2016 Breast Cancer Awareness Night Honorary Bat Girl Ronda Ashenfelter of Tuscola, TX
- Star Spangled Banner performed by Voices of Hope, the Susan G. Komen North Texas choir for breast cancer survivors
Tuesday, May 10 vs. Chicago White Sox – 7:05 p.m. – FSSW-HD
- MLB Network Rangers A.L. West Champs Tote Bag (first 20,000)
- Ceremonial first pitch by All-Star Guard Skylar Diggins of the WNBA’s Dallas Wings
Wednesday, May 11 vs. Chicago White Sox – 1:05 p.m. – FSSW-HD CF and HP Gates open at 9:30 a.m.
- CBS 11/TXA 21 Weather Day
- Ceremonial first pitch by Doug Dunbar, co-anchor of CBS 11 News at 5, 6, and 10 p.m.
- Texas Chili Company Dollar Hot Dog Day
- Hamels’ Heroes – for each of Hamels’ projected home starts, special tickets in Section 9 are available with T-shirts and K-cards
Friday, May 13 vs. Toronto Blue Jays – 7:05 p.m. – FSSW-HD
- New Era Alumni Alley—outfielder Kevin Mench, 6:00-6:45 p.m.
- Texas Tech University Night
- Star Spangled Banner performed by Lamar High School Choir
- O Canada performed Michael Borts
- Friday the 13th post-game fireworks
Saturday, May 14 vs. Toronto Blue Jays – 7:05 p.m. – FSSW-HD
- New Era Alumni Alley—pitcher John Burkett, 6:00-6:45 p.m.
- Dr Pepper/Kroger Rougned Odor Bobblehead (first 15,000)
- Bark at the Park presented by AvoDerm Natural Pet Foods and Nylabone, including a Dog Day Parade and costume contest with Rangers Wives picking the winners pre-game
- Ceremonial first pitch by Dan Bailey, Dallas Cowboys kicker and OSU product
- Star Spangled Banner performed by Cody Johnson
- O Canada and God Bless America performed by Robert Brigance
- Cody Johnson post-game concert presented by Budweiser
Sunday, May 15 vs. Toronto Blue Jays – 2:05 p.m. – FSSW-HD Gates open at 12:30 p.m.
- Blue Bell $1 Ice Cream Sunday (youngsters, 13 and younger)
- TobyMac post-game concert presented by Buckner International
- Star Spangled Banner and O Canada performed by Mansfield High School Choir