Week of November 8-14, 2015
In this week’s highlights:
- On-air Picks of the Week
- New and Notable Videos
- Local Connections Google Map
- PBS Primetime Schedule, Sunday-Saturday
On-air Picks of the Week
- *NEW* In honor of Veterans Day, November 11, PBS presents IWO JIMA: FROM COMBAT TO COMRADES on Tuesday, November 10, 2015, at 8:00 p.m. ET and DEBT OF HONOR: DISABLED VETERANS IN AMERICAN HISTORY at 9:00 p.m. ET.
- *NEW* Think Wednesday includes EARTH’S NATURAL WONDERS “Wonders of Water” at 8:00 p.m. ET, followed by NOVA “Making North America: Life” at 9:00 p.m. ET. THE BRAIN WITH DAVID EAGLEMAN “Why Do I Need You” concludes the evening 10:00 p.m. ET.
- *NEW* The PBS Arts Fall Festival celebrates its fifth season, with eight new weekly programs. Week six brings LIVE FROM LINCOLN CENTER “Act One” on Friday, November 13, 2015, 9:00-11:30 p.m. ET.
New and Notable Video
- GREAT PERFORMANCES “Chita Rivera: A Lot of Livin’ to Do” full-length episode. Premieres Friday, November 6, 2015, 9:00-10:00 p.m. ET.
- THE BRAIN WITH DAVID EAGLEMAN “How Do I Decide?” full-length episode. Premieres Wednesday, November 4, 2015, 10:00-11:00 p.m. ET.
- NATURE “Soul of the Elephant” preview. Premieres Wednesday, October 14, 2015, 8:00-9:00 p.m. ET.
- JOSH GROBAN: STAGES LIVE preview. Premieres December 2015 (check local listings.)
Local Connections Google Map
- Below is a link to our Local Connections Google Map, which includes information connecting national programs to local markets. Visit the map at: http://ow.ly/clSq7.
We will update this map weekly, so be sure to check back for updates.
SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 8, 2015
Check local listings; station schedules vary
*NEW* THE GREAT BRITISH BAKING SHOW, Season 2 “The Final” (#210) (HD) (TV-PG)
Learn which of the finalists will emerge as Britain’s best amateur baker.
*NEW* HOME FIRES ON MASTERPIECE “Episode Six” (#4578) (HD) (TV-14)
See why one woman experiences both despair and joy and another is freed from tyranny.
*NEW* INDIAN SUMMERS ON MASTERPIECE “Part 7” (#4524) (HD) (TV-PG)
A suspect confesses to murder, Aafrin is blackmailed and the British Club performs Oscar Wilde.
*NEW* THE GUILTY “Episode 3” (#103) (HD) (TV-14)
Learn why DCI Brand is unconvinced they’ve found the real killer.
MONDAY, NOVEMBER 9, 2015
ANTIQUES ROADSHOW “Tulsa” (Hour Three) (#1603) (HD) (TV-PG) (R)
*NEW* ANTIQUES ROADSHOW “Junk in the Trunk 5” (#1932) (HD) (TV-PG)
See never-before-aired appraisals from this season’s tour, including a $40,000 to $60,000 treasure.
*NEW* INDEPENDENT LENS “Stray Dog” (#1701) (HD) (TV-14)
Meet Ronnie “Stray Dog” Hall, a Vietnam vet trying to come to terms with his combat experience.
TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 10, 2015
*NEW* IWO JIMA: FROM COMBAT TO COMRADES (IWOJ) (HD) (TV-PG)
Follow survivors to the only battlefield where former enemies reunite.
*NEW* DEBT OF HONOR: DISABLED VETERANS IN AMERICAN HISTORY (DOHO) (HD) (TV-PG, V)
Take an unflinching look at the reality of warfare through interviews with disabled veterans.
*NEW* FRONTLINE “Supplements and Safety” (#3403) (HD) (EXEMPT)
Follow an investigation into the hidden dangers of vitamins and supplements.
WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 11, 2015
*NEW* EARTH’S NATURAL WONDERS “Wonders of Water” (#102) (HD) (TV-G)
See wonders created by the grand and unpredictable power of water—and the challenges for residents.
9:00 PM-10:00 PM:
*NEW* NOVA “Making North America: Life” (#4221) (HD) (TV-G)
Explore the story of life and land, from origins to dinosaurs to an ancient primate invasion.
10:00 PM-11:00 PM:
*NEW* THE BRAIN WITH DAVID EAGLEMAN “Why Do I Need You?” (#105) (HD) (TV-14)
See how the human brain depends on other brains to thrive and survive.
THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 12, 2015
*NEW* THE THIS OLD HOUSE HOUR “Episode #1407” (#1407) (HD) (TV-G)
THIS OLD HOUSE: HVAC and interior design plans • ASK THIS OLD HOUSE: Brightening a dimly lit space
DEBT OF HONOR: DISABLED VETERANS IN AMERICAN HISTORY (DOHO) (HD) (TV-PG, V) (R)
ANTIQUES ROADSHOW “Junk in the Trunk 5” (#1932) (HD) (TV-PG) (R)
FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 13, 2015
*NEW* WASHINGTON WEEK WITH GWEN IFILL (#5520) (HD) (EXEMPT)
Join Gwen Ifill and noted journalists for a discussion of the big stories from DC.
@washingtonweek | #WashingtonWeek
*NEW* CHARLIE ROSE – THE WEEK (#318) (HD) (EXEMPT)
Join Charlie Rose for highlights of conversations with the week’s guests on his nightly program.
*NEW* LIVE FROM LINCOLN CENTER “Act One” (#4007) (HD) (TV-PG)
Watch James Lapine’s vivid play about the great playwright Moss Hart, his life and Broadway.
@LiveFromLC | #lflc | #pbsarts
SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 14, 2015
*NEW* AUSTIN CITY LIMITS “James Taylor” (#4106) (TV-PG) (HD)
Enjoy new classics and fan favorites from beloved singer-songwriter James Taylor.
PBS PressRoom: www.pbs.org/pressroom
PBS on Facebook: www.facebook.com/pbs
PBS YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/pbs
PBS on Twitter: www.twitter.com/pbspressroom