[WalletHub Press Release]
With STEM — science, technology, engineering and math — jobs expected to grow 1.7 times faster than non-STEM professions in the coming years, the personal-finance website WalletHub conducted an in-depth analysis of 2016’s Best & Worst Metro Areas for STEM Professionals.
On the heels of our earlier report on the Best & Worst Cities to Find a Job, WalletHub’s analysts compared the 100 most populated metropolitan statistical areas across 16 key metrics to help STEM professionals find the best markets for their valuable occupations. Our data set ranges from per-capita job openings for STEM graduates to annual median wage growth for STEM workers.
STEM Job Market in North Port-Sarasota-Bradenton (1=Best; 50=Avg.)
- 88th – % of All Workers in STEM Positions
- 41st – STEM-Employment Growth
- 48th – Mathematics Performance
- 64th – Quality of Engineering Universities
- 93rd – Cost of Living-Adjusted Annual Median Wage for STEM Workers
- 95th – Annual Median Wage Growth for STEM Workers
- 93rd – Housing Affordability
- 99th – Per-Capita Job Openings for STEM Graduates
- 78th – Unemployment Rate for Residents with at Least a Bachelor’s Degree
- 83rd – Projected Number of STEM Jobs Needed in 2020
For the full report, please visit: