Sarasota, Fla. – (July 7, 2015) – Cat Depot announces the appointment of a 15-member Advisory Board effective June, 2015. The Cat Depot Advisory Board is a non-voting, diverse board that will meet twice a year with terms of two or three years. The Board’s objectives are to assist in moving Cat Depot forward in alliance with the 10-year strategic plan, including expansion, growth, capital campaigns, and greater outreach to increase their donor base and significant giving.
Joining the Cat Depot Advisory Board are:
- Jonathan Anderson, Wood, Seitl & Anderson, P.A.
- Angelique Chromy, Owner, Pkg-It
- Walter W. Carey, PhD., retired, formerly with Nestlè USA
- Virginia Carnahan, APR, CPRC, Dattoli Cancer Center
- Anne Chauvet, DVM, DACVIM, Neurology, CriticalVetCare
- Nancy Colby, Artist/Instructor/Illustrator
- Frederick Johnston, philanthropist
- Beverly Meadows, Cat Depot co-founder
- Alexis Smith Meininghaus, AAI, Smith Insurance Group
- Marsha Panuce, Founder and Executive Director of Donte’s Den
- Robin Politowicz, No More Homeless Pets Resources Specialist, Best Friends Animal Society
- Caroline Resnick, animal advocate
- John Sharp, Financial Advisor, Ameriprise Financial Services, Inc.
- Diane Tait, retired educator, and board member, Sixteen Hands Horse Sanctuary
- Henry Trawick, P.A.
“The new Advisory Board members embody the spirit of community and bring talent, expertise and energy to the table. We are very fortunate to have them by our side as we continue to grow,” said Ken Slavin, Cat Depot Board President.
Cat Depot, a nonprofit, 501(c)3 no-kill, free-roaming facility, is recognized for its progressive design and commitment to helping homeless, abandoned and injured animals. Open seven days a week, Cat Depot’s mission is to save lives, find loving homes, and provide the resources and education to improve the destiny of homeless cats.
Cat Depot supports more than 130 cats and kittens on any given day. Shop in our Cat Depot Supply and Gift Store specializing in top name brand wet and dry cat food, litter and calming products, and unique cards and gifts. Open Monday through Friday 11 a.m. to 7 p.m., Saturday and Sunday 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Handicap accessible. Cat Depot is located at 2542 17th Street, Sarasota, Fla. 34234. For more information, go to www.catdepot.org, or call 941.366.2404.
Cat Depot’s Rose Durham Cat Care Clinic offers affordable veterinary care to the public and is open six days a week Monday through Saturday from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Please call (941) 366-2404 for an appointment. Revenue raised from the Rose Durham Cat Care Clinic will help fund Cat Depot’s mission to save the lives of homeless cats.
2542 17th Street
Sarasota, FL 34234
Phone: (941) 366.2404