ZOOFARI 2015 Golden Anniversary presented by Wells Fargo Advisors
Saint Louis Zoo’s biennial creative black-tie party celebrates 50 years on June 19
Dine and dance under the stars at the Saint Louis Zoo’s biennial creative black-tie party, ZOOFARI 2015 presented by Wells Fargo Advisors. Celebrating 50 years, ZOOFARI started in 1965 and has become St. Louis’ “best party in town.” Proceeds help the Zoo in its efforts to save endangered species at home and around the world. This year’s event takes place on Friday, June 19, from 7 p.m. until midnight at the Zoo. That day the Zoo will be open to the public from 8 a.m. until 12 noon, when it will close for preparations.
Orange is the new black! The endangered Sumatran orangutan, with its fiery orange hair, is the inspiration for ZOOFARI 2015. The Zoo will go ape with folks showing off their bold hairdos and flouncing their bright frocks, jungle-themed ties and other wild formal wear.
Partygoers may enter the “Danger Zone” and cut loose to “Footloose” with live entertainment by “King of the Movie Soundtrack” Kenny Loggins, sponsored by Fifth Third Bank. Additional entertainment will be provided by Charles Glenn Duo, DJ Crucial, Dirty Muggs, Miss Jubilee & the Humdingers, North of the Quarter and DJ Needles.
“Graze” to your heart and soul’s content on specialty food and drinks from more than 60 of St. Louis’ finest restaurants, bars and caterers. Tastes of elegant desserts, tempting appetizers and savory main dishes will be served at lavishly themed booths.
Swing by the extravagant silent auction sponsored by Albarré Jewelry! Some highlights include a meet-and-greet for two people with Kenny Loggins; a six-day, five-night stay for eight in a 4,200-square-foot private residence in Punta Mita, Mexico; sailing for two on the famous America’s Cup yacht “Stars & Stripes USA 11” in San Diego; a 12-person suite at Edward Jones Dome as the Rams take on the San Francisco 49ers; green room seats for a Jimmy Kimmel Live taping; elegant jewelry, concerts and more.
Purchase a raffle ticket for your chance to win a luxury ZOOFARI auction item of your choice. Raffle tickets are $100 each and are available until 5 p.m. Tuesday, June 16 or until sell-out. Purchase a $25 Diamond Dig ticket for your chance to win a $5,000 shopping spree at Albarré Jewelry. Commemorative ZOOFARI posters, shirts and canvas bags are also available for purchase.
Auction items, raffle tickets and merchandise are now available for bidding and purchase at stlzoo.org/zoofari, and will be available at the event.
ZOOFARI is chaired by Susan Block and James Sansone with ZOOFARI’s event chairs for the past 50 years as the honorary chairs.
Tickets are $250/person for non-members; $200/person for Zoo members. Swimming Sea Lion (patron-level) tickets are $1,000/couple. Leaping Lemur sponsorships (reserved tables of 10) are available for $3,500 and Jumping Jaguar sponsorships (accommodations for 20) are available for $7,500.
Advance ticket purchases are required. Tickets and merchandise can be purchased online at stlzoo.org/zoofari or by calling (314) 646-4771 by 10 a.m. June 16, 2015 or until sell-out.
The event will be held rain or shine. Free parking is provided on the South Lot on Wells Drive. All attendees must be at least 21 years of age.
ZOOFARI 2015 is generously supported by the following sponsors and donor levels: Presenting Sponsor Wells Fargo Advisors, Plunging Polar Bear Sponsor Emerson, Entertainment Sponsor Fifth Third Bank and Tip of the Iceberg Sponsor World Wide Technology, Inc. Gentle Giraffe Sponsors are Edward Jones, Mid America Chevy Dealers, Monsanto and U.S. Bank. The Rest Your Paws Sponsor is CALERES, Kick-Off Party Sponsor is First Bank, and the Silent Auction Sponsor is Albarré Jewelry. Our Playful Penguin Sponsors include Ameren Corporation, AT&T, August A. Busch III Charitable Trust, Cequel III/Judy and Jerry Kent, Centene Charitable Foundation, David B. Lichtenstein Foundation, Denise and Drew Franz, Graybar Electric Company, Inc., Harbour Group, Jack C. Taylor, The James Trogolo Company, The Kiesel Company, Lodging Hospitality Management, LOWENBAUM LAW, Morgan Stanley Wealth Management, Stifel and Thompson Coburn LLP. KSHE 95 is the media partner for the event.
ZOOFARI Food and Drink Participants
(List as of May 20, 2015)
Augusta Winery & Montelle Winery
Cater Al Fresco*
Charlie Gitto’s on the Hill
Chase Park Plaza Hotel – Cafe Eau & Bistro
Cherokee Street Catering
Cielo Restaurant and Bar
Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants
Crazy Bowls & Wraps
EdgeWild Restaurant & Winery
Eleven Eleven Mississippi*
Final Cut Steakhouse – Hollywood Casino*
Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse and Wine Bar
Gobble STOP Smokehouse*
Granite City Food & Brewery*
Guido’s Pizzeria and Tapas
Herbie’s Vintage 72
HIRO Asian Kitchen*
- Gilbert’s Wood-Fired Steaks & Seafood
Kaldi’s Coffee Roasting Co.
McCormick & Schmick’s Seafood and Steaks
Noodles & Company
Onesto Pizza & Trattoria
Robust Wine Bar & Shoppe
Ronnoco Coffee, LLC
Saint Louis Zoo Mane Event Catering
Sarah’s Cake Stop
Serendipity Homemade Ice Cream
St. James Winery
Stir Crazy Fresh Asian Grill
Ted Drewes Frozen Custard
The Billy Goat Chip Company
The Blue Owl Restaurant & Bakery
The DAM/Michele C Catering & Events*
The Gianino Family of Restaurants
The Kitchen Sink*
The Pasta House Co. Catering
The Restaurant at The Cheshire
Three Flags Tavern*
Tutti Frutti Frozen Yogurt*
Van Goghz Martini Bar & Bistro*
Vin de Set Rooftop Bar & Bistro
Vito’s Sicilian Pizzeria & Ristorante
Windows On Washington
* Indicates new restaurant to ZOOFARI
Auction now open for bidding at www.stlzoo.org/zoofari
Some of the items include:
- Relax in paradise for six days and five nights in a Punta Mita La Serenata 2 private villa in Punta Mita, Mexico. This 4,200-square-foot residence accommodates eight and includes four bedrooms (three king beds and two twin beds), four-and-a-half bathrooms and private pool and hot tub.
- Sailing for two on the famous America’s Cup yacht “Stars & Stripes USA 11” and a four-night stay at the Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego in San Diego, California.
- A trip to New York City for two with tickets to the 2016 Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show at Madison Square Garden.
- Twelve-person suite and pre-game field passes at the St. Louis Rams vs. San Francisco 49ers football game on Nov. 1, 2015, at the Edward Jones Dome.
- All you need is a special occasion to celebrate with this private party for 20 at Apollonia Estates in House Springs, MO. Venue includes event staging by STL Hospitality, photography, music, balloon creation design, wine and food by Chef’s Table.
- Tickets for two with access to the green room for a Jimmy Kimmel Live taping in Hollywood, California, with accommodations at Westin LA.
Saint Louis Zoo
- Behind-the-scenes experience to observe a private training session with our orangutan family at the outdoor training panels. Includes a tour of Jungle of the Apes and lunch with Curator of Primates Heidi Hellmuth.
Other Cool Stuff
- 3’ x 8’ painting created LIVE right before your eyes capturing the fun of the main stage area complete with creatively attired crowd and nearby animals at ZOOFARI’s 50th anniversary celebration.
- Talk tunes during a meet-and-greet for two with Kenny Loggins before he goes on stage for his ZOOFARI performance.
Purchase a raffle ticket for your chance to win a luxury ZOOFARI auction item of your choice. Raffle tickets are $100 each and are available until 5 p.m. Tuesday, June 16 or until sell-out. Purchase a $25 Diamond Dig ticket for your chance to win a $5,000 shopping spree at Albarré Jewelry. Tickets available at www.stlzoo.org/zoofari.