Your Favorite Author Talking About Your Favorite Books
PBS Book View Now’s Coverage of the 2015 Miami Book Fair – Day #2 – Starts at Noon!
Mitch Albom – Ann Beattie – Ted Koppel – Live from Miami Dade College
Today – November 21st – 12:00-5:00 P.M.
Tomorrow – November 22nd, 12:00-5:00 P.M.
Watch LIVE: http://bookviewnow.org
As the temperature outside dips across most of the country, we are warming up for second day of extensive coverage of the 2015 Miami Book Fair, live from Miami Dade College. All this weekend, PBS audiences across the country are invited to take part in one of the nation’s oldest and largest literary festivals—the 32nd annual Miami Book Fair at Miami Dade College (MDC), featuring interviews with dozens of authors, illustrators and celebrities led by Jeffrey Brown, Chief Correspondent for Arts, Culture, and Society for PBS NewHour and Book View Now host Rich Fahle. Coverage is produced by DPTV for PBS and made possible thanks to the support of the John S. and James L. Knight Foundation.
“PBS is pleased to be bringing the experience of the Miami Book Fair to our audiences once again this year, and we thank the Knight Foundation, Miami Dade College, Detroit Public Television and Book View Now for helping to make it possible,” said Anne Bentley, Vice President, Corporate Communications, PBS. “Book View Now delivers on public media’s mission to open worlds of possibility for everyone and we’re delighted that book lovers from across the country will have the opportunity to experience this unique event.”
The lineup of authors to be interviewed includes:
- Pulitzer Prize Winning biographer Stacy Schiff The Witches: Salem 1692
- Essayist and humorist PJ O’Rourke
- Former Nightline anchor Ted Koppel
- Captain Underpants creator Dav Pilkey
- Congressman and Civil Rights pioneer—and now graphic novel author – Rep. John Lewis
- Humorist Dave Barry
- #1 Bestselling young adult author Melissa de la Cruz
- Acclaimed novelist and memoirist Sandra Cisneros
- Bestselling author Mitch Albom
- NPR Weekend Edition host and memoirist Scott Simon
- Book club favorites Paula McClain (The Paris Wife, Circling the Sun) and Sara Gruen (Water for Elephants, At the Water’s Edge)
- National Book Award for Young People’s Literature Finalists Neal Shusterman, Ali Benjamin, Steve Sheinkin
- National Book Award Fiction finalists Angela Flournoy (The Turner House), Karen E. Bender (Refund: Stories), Lauren Groff-tentative (Fates and Furies) and Adam Johnson (Fortune Smiles: Stories)
- National Book Award Nonfiction finalists Sally Mann (Hold Still), Sy Montgomery (The Soul of an Octopus), and Carla Power (If the Oceans Were Ink: An Unlikely Friendship and a Journey to the Heart of the Quran)
- Actors Paul Giamatti and David David Strathairn
- Actors Kunal Nayyar (The Big Bang Theory) and Jesse Eisenberg
- Actor and graphic novel memoirist John Leguizamo and Rosie Perez
This is the second year of comprehensive, multi-day PBS Book View Now coverage of the Miami Book Fair, which attracts more than 250,000 attendees and 600 authors annually.
Embed code instructions and additional information about the coverage can be found at https://livestream.com/detroitpublictv/mbf15/embed
Join us for live coverage of the Miami Book Fair – This coming Friday, Satruday and Sunday. Go to http://www.pbs.org/book-view-now/home/ for more information. Enjoy!