As part of the larger Maria Callas Remastered campaign, Warner Classics will be releasing a limited-edition single-LP, 180 gram of Maria Callas’ greatest arias on October 21st. The collection – the label’s first vinyl release in 15 years – will feature some of her most enduring performances, including “O Mio Babbino Caro,” “Casta Diva,” and “Vissi d’arte.” All recordings have been remastered from the original master tapes by a team of world-class engineers from Abbey Road Studios in London.
The vinyl recording is part of the larger campaign around the remastered Maria Callas studio recordings, which includes a deluxe box set, individual album releases, a 1-CD compilation entitled “Pure,” and digital downloads.
AMAZON PAGE: http://www.amazon.com/Maria-Callas-Remastered-Vinyl-LP/dp/B00MH9NFSQ/
Album package includes all sung text with English translations.
- BIZET – Carmen; Habanera
- BELLINI – Norma; Casta Diva
- PUCCINI – Gianni Schicchi; O mio babbino caro
- CATALANI – La Wally; Ebben? Ne andrò lontana
- VERDI – La traviata; Ah, fors’è lui
- VERDI – La traviata; Sempre libera
- PUCCINI – Tosca; Vissi d’arte
- PUCCINI – Madama Butterfly; Un bel dì vedremo
- GIORDANO – Andrea Chénier; La mamma morta
- PUCCINI – La bohème; Donde lieta uscì
- ROSSINI – Il barbiere di Siviglia; Una voce poco fa