WalletHub’s recent holiday studies and reports Press Release
- Macy’s, Stage and JCPenney are 2016’s Best Stores for Black Friday, offering an average discount of at least 62.8%
- Over 17% of items will actually be more expensive on Black Friday than they currently are on Amazon.com.
- Video games (software only) will offer the most value on Black Friday 2016 relative to their current prices, while jewelry is expected to be the worst deal.
- 11% of Black Friday deals are actually recycled from last year, per 2016’s Black Friday Freshness Report.
- Target, Netflix and Walmart top the list of 2016’s Best Gift Cards.
- Consumers can save $500+ with one of 2016’s Best Credit Cards For Holiday Shopping.
- Credit cards also have a number of little-known benefits that can really come in handy over the holidays, including price-drop protection, extended warranties and coverage for damaged or stolen items.
- 99% of store credit cards do not charge an annual fee, and the average card offering rewards in the form of discounts gives you more than 19% off your first purchase, according to the 2016 Store Card Landscape.
- All of the major retailers offering 0% financing use a dangerous feature called deferred interest, which has the potential to make holiday purchases up to 27.5 times more expensive than expected.