WalletHub Press Release
There’s no shame in admitting it – many of us would rather pay someone to do our taxes than spend the 16 hours the IRS estimates it takes to do them ourselves. But much like State & Local Tax Rates, the accessibility, affordability and effectiveness of tax help varies significantly, according to WalletHub’s new report on the Best & Worst States for Tax Help.
In order to identify the geographical sweet spots for tax assistance across the country, WalletHub compared the 50 states as well as the District of Columbia in terms of six key metrics– ranging from the number of accountants per 1,000 people to their average workload and hourly compensation.
How Good is the Tax Help in Florida? (1=Least, 25 =Avg.):
- 22nd – Accountants Per 1,000 People
- 33rd – Accounting Jobs Per 1,000 People
- 48th – Affordability of Tax Help
- 27th – Returns Filed Per Accountant
- 27th – Percentage of Filers Paying for Tax Help
For the full report, please visit: