UFC® ANNOUNCES ‘WELCOME TO THE SHOW’ LAUNCH EVENT IN LOS ANGELES ON FEB. 28
JON JONES, CHRIS WEIDMAN, ANTHONY PETTIS, TJ DILLASHAW, DEMETRIOUS JOHNSON, CARLA ESPARZA, FRANKIE EDGAR, URIJAH FABER, LYOTO MACHIDA, LUKE ROCKHOLD AND MORE
The Event Deck at L.A. LIVE – 11 a.m. PT and streamed live at UFC.com
Las Vegas, Nev. – Just hours before UFC® 184, UFC will unveil its second season of action-packed live events at The Event Deck at L.A. LIVE. Twenty top UFC fighters will join UFC President Dana White for the Welcome to the Show launch event at 11 a.m. PT. The Welcome to the Show launch event is free and open to public.
The following athletes will attend this can’t-miss event next Saturday:
UFC® 185: PETTIS vs. DOS ANJOS
Saturday, March 14 at American Airlines Center in Dallas, Texas
- Anthony “Showtime” Pettis – UFC lightweight champion
- Rafael dos Anjos – No. 1 lightweight contender
- Carla Esparza – UFC women’s strawweight champion
- Joanna Jedrzejczyk – 1 women’s strawweight contender
UFC FIGHT NIGHT®: MAIA vs. LAFLARE
Saturday, March 21 at Ginasio do Maracanazinho in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
UFC FIGHT NIGHT®: MENDES vs. LAMAS
Saturday, April 4 at Patriot Center in Fairfax, Va.
UFC FIGHT NIGHT®: MACHIDA vs. ROCKHOLD
Saturday, April 18 at Prudential Center in Newark, N.J.
- Lyoto Machida – former UFC light heavyweight champion and No. 3 middleweight contender
- Luke Rockhold – former STRIKEFORCE® middleweight champion and No. 5 middleweight contender
UFC® 186: DILLASHAW vs. BARAO 2
Saturday, April 25 at Bell Centre in Montreal, Quebec, Canada
- TJ Dillashaw – UFC bantamweight champion
- Renan Barao – former UFC bantamweight champion and No. 1 bantamweight contender
- Demetrious “Mighty Mouse” Johnson – UFC flyweight champion
- Kyoji Horiguchi – No. 8 flyweight contender
UFC FIGHT NIGHT®: EDGAR vs. FABER
Saturday, May 16 at Mall of Asia Arena in Manila, Philippines
- Frankie Edgar – former UFC lightweight champion and No. 1 featherweight contender
- Urijah Faber – former WEC featherweight champion
UFC® 187: JONES vs. JOHNSON
Saturday, May 23 at MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nev.
- Jon “Bones” Jones – UFC light heavyweight champion
- Anthony “Rumble” Johnson –No. 1 light heavyweight contender
- Chris Weidman – UFC middleweight champion
- Vitor Belfort – former UFC light heavyweight champion and No. 4 middleweight contender
Following the event, the UFC invites fans to the UFC Fan Village at STAPLES Center. The UFC Fan Village will be set up outside STAPLES Center on Chick Hearn Ct. and feature a Bud Light® beer garden, MetroPCS interactive display, Interactive fan photo stations, UFC merchandise, autograph sessions with UFC stars and much more. The event is free and open to the public beginning at noon and concluding at 4 p.m. to coincide with the first bout of UFC 184: ROUSEY vs. ZINGANO.
For more information or current fight news, visit ufc.com. All bouts live and subject to change.
UFC® is the premier mixed martial arts (MMA) organization and largest pay-per-view event provider in the world. Headquartered in Las Vegas with offices in London, Toronto, Singapore and Sao Paulo, UFC produces more than 40 live events annually that consistently sell out some of the most prestigious arenas around the globe. UFC programming is broadcast in 129 countries and territories to nearly 800 million TV households worldwide in 28 different languages. The UFC has a multi-year broadcast agreement with FOX in the U.S., which annually includes four live events broadcast on the FOX network, as well as The Ultimate Fighter® reality television show and thousands of hours of programming on FOX Sports 1 and FOX Sports 2. In 2014, UFC launched UFC FIGHT PASS™, a digital subscription service with exclusive live events, thousands of fights on-demand and original content. The UFC organization also licenses over 100 UFC GYM® locations, and owns UFC.TV® (offering live event broadcasts and video on-demand around the world), UFC FIT® (an in-home fitness and nutrition program), UFC Magazine, and has a videogame franchise with EA SPORTS, UFC Fight Club®, UFC Fan Expo®, UFC branded apparel, DVDs and Blu-rays and Topps Trading Cards. For more information, visit UFC.com and follow UFC at Facebook.com/UFC, Twitter and Instagram: @UFC.