Sunday, May 17, 2015 l Game # 37
Classic Park l Eastlake,Ohio l 1:30 p.m.
Radio: Fox Sports 980 WONE
Dayton Dragons (19-17) at Lake County Captains (20-16)
RH Mark Armstrong (1-1, 2.65) vs. LH Sean Brady (3-2, 2.73)
Click here for the entire Press Box Notes packet.
Today’s Game: The Dayton Dragons (affiliate of the Cincinnati Reds) meet the Lake County Captains (affiliate of the Cleveland Indians) in the rubber match of a three-game series. This is also the rubber match of the seven-game road trip (Dragons are 3-3 so far).
Streaks: Dayton is 13-8 over the last 21. Lake County has won eight of the last nine. Dragons-Captains Season Series: Tied, 1-1.
Today’s Dragons Starting Pitcher: Mark Armstrong is a 20-year-old native of Clarence Center, New York (20 miles northeast of Buffalo). Armstrong was the Reds third round draft pick in 2013 out of high school. He planned to attend the University of Pittsburgh before coming to terms with the Reds. He went 4-3 with a 4.23 ERA in 13 starts last season with the AZL Reds. Last start: Tuesday at Great Lakes: No Decision, 4.2 IP, 10 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 1 BB, 5 SO. Notable: Opponents are batting just .224 with runners on base against Armstrong (.290 overall).
- Luis Gonzalez has a 11-game hitting streak (team high for 2015). He is batting .362 over the streak, raising his average from .216 to .267.
- Brian O’Grady has a 10-game hitting streak and has hit safely in 14 of his last 15 games. He is batting .327 over the 15 games.
- Ty Washington is batting .333 over his last 15 games with a home run, four doubles, two triples, and 10 RBI, raising his average to .304.
- Jonathan Reynoso is batting .340 over his last 13 games.
- Garrett Boulware is batting .316 over his last 12 games with two home runs and 10 RBI.
- Brian Hunter has allowed just one earned run this season (12 G, 15.2 IP, 3 R, 1 ER, 4 saves, 3 wins, 0.57 ERA).
- Alejandro Chacin over his last three outings: 7 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 10 SO.
- Brennan Bernardino over his last five outings: 6.2 IP, 0 R, 2 BB, 8 SO.
- Conor Krauss has allowed just two runs in 14 IP this season (11 appearances). He has not given up a run in his last four games (6.1 IP).
- The Dragons are 13-8 their last 21 games. During the 21 games, they are batting .253 (180 for 711) and averaging 4.3 runs/game (91 R) with a team ERA of 2.56 (189.2 IP, 52 ER). They have committed 28 errors in the 21 games.
- Dragons relievers over the last 9 G: 34.1 IP, 4 ER, 1.05 ERA.
- The Dragons are 14-5 when allowing no unearned runs; 4-4 when allowing one unearned run; 1-8 when allowing two or more unearned runs.
Upcoming Probable Pitchers (All game times are Dayton time) (All games on WONE 980 AM and www.daytondragons.com)
Monday, May 18 (7:00 p.m.): Great Lakes RH Kevin Guzman (1-3, 3.38) at Dayton RH Tyler Mahle (2-3, 3.86)
Tuesday, May 19 (7:00 p.m.): Great Lakes RH Brock Stewart (2-2, 2.84) at Dayton RH Wyatt Strahan (3-2, 2.41)
Wednesday, May 20 (7:00 p.m.): Great Lakes RH Grant Holmes (2-0, 3.58) at Dayton RH Tejay Antone (3-2, 2.25)
Thursday, May 21 (7:07 p.m.): Great Lakes RH Travis Oaks (2-4, 4.32) at Dayton LH Seth Varner (4-2, 3.05)