County libraries inviting the public to ‘Discover Local Authors’
SARASOTA COUNTY – To celebrate National Library Week, Sarasota County Libraries is hosting a week long series of events designed for the public to ‘Discover Local Authors’.
Starting April 13, five area libraries will host nearly 30 authors from across the literary spectrum, each with their own unique and interesting work. Each author calls the region home and represents a literary voice unique to Southwest Florida.
Library patrons will have the opportunity to engage the authors one-on-one, discuss their projects, their influences and purchase copies of their books.
“This is a wonderful chance to discover how much literary talent we have in Sarasota County and the region,” said Sarasota County Libraries adult services coordinator Ellen India. “The authors we have taking part in this event offer something for everyone. Whether you like fiction, poetry, non-fiction, history, travel, adventure or all of the above, this is the event for you.”
‘Discover Local Authors’ events will be held at the following locations:
- Monday, April 13, 1-4 p.m. at Elsie Quirk Library, 100 W. Dearborn St., Englewood
- Monday, April 13, 6 p.m., at Venice Library, 300 S. Nokomis Ave., Venice
- Wednesday, April 15, 1-3 p.m., at North Sarasota Library, 2801 Newtown Blvd., Sarasota
- Wednesday, April 15, 2-3 p.m. at Selby Library, 1331 First St., Sarasota
- Thursday, April 16, 12:30-4 p.m., at Gulf Gate Library, 7112 Curtiss Ave., Sarasota
National Library Week, sponsored by the American Library Association, is an effort to highlight and celebrate public libraries and their importance in their communities. Sarasota County is observing that effort by offering this exciting chance to mingle with local authors.
More information can also be found by calling the Sarasota County Contact Center at 941-861-5000, or by visiting www.scgov.net