Save the Date: Food and Wine on Pine Event May 7
Local and seasonal Florida food, wine, art and music for the whole family to enjoy!
ANNA MARIA, FLA. (April 27, 2016) – The sixth annual Food and Wine on Pine event will be held on Saturday, May 7 from 11:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m., on historic Pine Avenue in Anna Maria, Fla., and will again showcase the very best in food, wine, art and music that the area has to offer.
The culinary and cultural event will feature delicious and unique food from more than 20 of the area’s finest restaurants, more than 30 different varietals of upscale wine from major area distributors, craft, domestic and specialty beers, 30 plus juried artists, more than 30 musical acts, actors depicting characters from Anna Maria’s history, art demonstrations, a Kentucky Derby tent and kid’s activity area. More than 8,000 visitors are expected.
- Dotted along Pine Avenue, guests will find local artists displaying their masterpieces throughout the event route. Art mediums range from watercolors to metal work to pottery to jewelry.
- National chalk artists will create amazing illusions on the concrete.
- A children’s art and activity area will be set up, where the annual ‘sliming’ of CrossPointe Fellowship Pastor Ed Moss is not to be missed as well as fun, old school games and activities like painting the Tom Sawyer fence, decorating sand dollars, face painting and more.
- A children’s artist tent showcasing artwork by local schoolchildren and young area artists will be featured.
- A Kentucky Derby tent dubbed “Pine Avenue Downs” will broadcast the races all day with the main race scheduled for 6:34pm. A derby hat contest and raffles for fabulous gift baskets will take place all day long as well as derby drinks and derby related fun.
Admission is $5.00 with tickets for food and beverage purchases priced at $1 each, available for pick-up at any of the ticket booths along Pine Avenue. The entry fee includes an arm band, a wine glass and a buffet tray. Most food and beverage items are priced between 2-10 tickets each, with wines and craft or specialty beers available for tastings or by the glass. Food and Wine on Pine proceeds benefit local arts and culture non-profits. Kids 12 and under are free.
There will be free event parking at the Anna Maria Island Community Center (within walking distance, two blocks from the event), with free parking and free trolley service available at CrossPointe Fellowship in Holmes Beach. Rain date is Sunday, May 8.
For more information, visit: http://www.foodandwineonpine.com or call (941) 778-8705.