FEBRUARY 13th, 2015
THE KOOKS ANNOUNCE ADDITIONAL HEADLINING NORTH AMERICAN TOUR DATES WITH JOYWAVE AND YOUNG RISING SONS
Atlas Genius and Joywave Join The Kooks for Special NYC Performance in Central Park at Summerstage June 24th
Listen to “Bad Habit” (Mouthe Remix) Now!
Starting 2015 off with a bang, The Kooks have announced additional North American tour dates in June. The 20 stop tour kicks off in Texas April 26 and travels coast-to-coast including California, Canada, and the finale in New York. For the full itinerary, please see the below.
As a special gift to their fans, the band will be joining forces with alternative brethren Atlas Genius and Joywave for a special NYC performance. Presented by The Bowery, the June 24 collaboration will be held in the beautiful Central Park Summerstage. Get your tickets HERE.
To celebrate the tour, The Kooks have released a remix of their alternative chart climber “Bad Habit” remixed by Mouthe. Listen to the “Bad Habit” (Mouthe Remix) HERE.
The band’s song “Bad Habit” is Top 25 and climbing on both the Mediabase and BDS Alternative Radio charts, and after 8 months is still gaining new adds and airplay at the format. After spending 3 weeks at #1 on Alt Nation’s Alt 18, it ended 2014 as the #11 song on the channel’s “ALT36 – 2014’s Top Tracks in Alt Rock” countdown.
Produced by young hip hop pioneer Inflo and Luke Pritchard, “Bad Habit” is a standout track from the band’s critically acclaimed new album Listen. The critics have raved about the genre-defying Listen:
- ‘Listen is to The Kooks what Rock Steady was to No Doubt — both a return to form and an invigorated, rollickingly rhythmic reinvention.’ LA Weekly
- “…the best thing they’ve done in years.” – PopMatters
- ‘an engaging collection that refuses to be hidebound by the structures of indie-rock’. 4* The Independent
- ‘The Kooks have come out fighting and the result is an album bristling with character’. 4* The Telegraph
- ‘The Kooks have cast off their Indie noodlings and transformed themselves into technicolour butterflies’. 4* The Evening Standard
- ‘This is a very good album. The Kooks sounds like a band rejuvenated’. 4* Q Magazine
- ‘Gone is the arch Britpop-lite, and in its place is a limber, carefree feel, drawing on classic soul and late Stones’. The Sunday Times Culture
The Kooks Upcoming Tour Dates
Apr 26 – Houston, TX @ House of Blues
Apr 28 – Austin, TX @ Emo’s
Apr 30 – St. Louis, MO @ The Pageant
May 02 – Chicago, IL @ Vic Theatre (SOLD OUT)
May 03 – Columbus, OH @ Newport Music Hall
May 05 – Nashville, TN @ Exit/In
May 07 – Wilmington, NC @ Ziggy’s By The Sea
May 08 – Atlanta, GA @ Shaky Knees Festival*
May 10 – Boston, MA @ House of Blues
June 09 – San Diego, CA @ House of Blues
June 10 – Pomona, CA @ The Glass House
June 12 – South Burlington, VT @ Higher Ground Ballroom
June 15 – Toronto, Ontario @ Phoenix Concert Theater
June 16 – Montreal, Quebec @ Virgin Mobile Corona Theatre
June 19 – Asbury Park, NJ @ The Stone Pony
June 20 – New Haven, CT @ Toad’s Place
June 23 – Niagara Falls, NY @ Rapids Theatre
June 24 – New York, NY @ Summerstage in Central Park**
**w/ Atlas Genius and Joywave
The Kooks are: Luke Pritchard – vocals and guitar, guitarist Hugh Harris, bassist Pete Denton and drummer Alexis Nunez.