County Wins 2015 Best Tasting Drinking Water
SARASOTA COUNTY – In order to promote water resources and the importance of safe, clean drinking water, Region X of the Florida Section of the American Water Works Association (FS/AWWA) recently held its annual Best Tasting Drinking Water contest. Region X of FS/AWWA represents the four county area including Charlotte, DeSoto, Manatee and Sarasota Counties.
Twelve public water suppliers within the region competed for the honor of being selected as this year’s best tasting drinking water. Sarasota County was selected as the winner of this year’s contest and was also the 2014 winner. The first week of May was also recognized as National Drinking Water Week by the American Water Works Association.
In addition to Sarasota County, the participants included the following public water systems:
- Charlotte County
- DeSoto County
- Manatee County
- Sarasota County
- City of Bradenton
- City of Sarasota
- City of Punta Gorda
- City of North Port
- Englewood Water District
- Little Gasparilla Water Utility
- Peace River/Manasota Regional Water Supply Authority
The Judges included:
- Tara Poulton – SWFWMD Governmental Affairs Liaison
- Commissioner Betsy Benac – Manatee County
- Lindsey Marten – Chair Local FWEA Chapter
- Kyle Kellogg – Chair Region X AWWA
- Kwamena Sankah – Chair Local ASCE Chapter
For more information, call 941-861-5000 or go to www.scgov.net.