Full slate of February events offered by Parks, Recreation and Natural Resources
SARASOTA COUNTY – Sarasota County Parks, Recreation and Natural Resources is pleased to announce the return of their popular February programs. Whether it’s music, nature, athletics or something in between, this full slate of events offers fun for everyone.
- The Brown Bag Lunch Concert Series returns to Phillippi Estates Park on Feb. 5, and runs each Thursday through April 2 at the park gazebo from noon to 1 p.m.. Easy Street with Lisa Brande and Mark Trichka kicks off the weekly concert series.
- The Englewood Sports Complex is hosting a Community Garage Sale on Feb. 21, from 8 a.m.-1 p.m. Indoor and outdoor vendor spaces are available, and the event is open to the public with free admission and parking. Concessions will be available.
- Registration is underway for the Sarasota Pickleball Slam doubles tournament taking place March 25-27. Compete is Men and Women’s Doubles, or Mixed doubles. There is a two event maximum, two age brackets, double elimination, open play by USAPA Pickleball rules. Outdoor play for level 3.5 and up takes place at Englewood Sports Complex, and indoor play takes place at Arlington Park. Registration fees are $10 per person for the first event, $5 for each additional event, and includes a t-shirt and refreshments.
- ‘Say I Do, Again’, returns on Valentine’s Day, Feb. 14, to Siesta and Caspersen Beaches for romantic, beach side renewals of wedding vows. Registration deadline is Feb. 11, and the $10 fee includes certificate, event tote, flower and light refreshments.
- The Barefoot Beach Bazaar is held the third Saturday of the month through April at the Nokomis Beach Plaza. Hand crafted items are on sale from 4 p.m. to sunset.
- Registration deadline for the Gulf Coast Senior Games is Feb. 1. Competitors aged 50 and older face-off in events such as archery, track and field, tennis, swimming and shuffleboard. Registration fee is $12 for the first event, $3 for each additional event, and includes a t-shirt.
- The Friends of the Legacy Trail (FLT) Surrey Program offers mobility-challenged residents and visitors who would otherwise be unable to share in The Legacy Trail, to enjoy the experience. On Wednesdays and Thursdays through March 26 at 10 a.m., 10:45 a.m., 11:30 a.m., and 1 p.m. Enjoy the ride on a 4-passenger, 4-wheeled canopy covered bicycle while FLT volunteers provide the pedal-power. Reservations are required through parksonline.scgov.net, activity keyword search surrey.
- Laurel Park is hosting an indoor community yard sale on Saturday, March 7 from 8 a.m.-noon. Register now for available vendor spots. The fee is $10 each and includes a table and chair.
For more information on each of these exciting events, call the Sarasota County Contact Center at 941-861-5000, or visit www.scgov.net/parks.