SARASOTA, Fla. (June 3, 2016) – Representatives from Sarasota County’s travel and tourism industry were appointed to VISIT FLORIDA committees today.
Four members of the Visit Sarasota County (VSC) team were appointed and are as follows:
- Virginia Haley, President of VSC, was appointed to the VISIT FLORIDA Board of Directors, Chair of the Industry Relations Committee and Vice Chair of the Marketing Steering Committee.
- Erin Duggan, VP of VSC, was appointed to the Global Media Committee.
- Kelly Defebo, Director of Sales for VSC, was appointed to the Global Travel Trade and Air Committee.
- Lynn Hobeck Bates, Communications Manager for VSC, was appointed to the Global Communications Committee.
Additional representatives from Sarasota County’s travel and tourism industry appointed to committees are as follows:
- Anne Frescura, Executive Director of Siesta Key Chamber of Commerce was appointed to the Visitor Services Committee
- Sandra Rios, Director of Communications at The Resort at Longboat Key Club was appointed to the Global Communications Committee.
These appointments begin on July 1, 2016 at the start of VISIT FLORIDA’s fiscal year and each will serve for one year.
Visit Sarasota County leads and supports the tourism industry in Sarasota County by providing the highest quality, and most innovative, marketing programs and promotions to ensure the continued growth of tourism and travel from visitors around the world. It is the mission of VSC to make Sarasota County the must experience destination on Florida’s Gulf Coast.
Savor Sarasota Restaurant Week now through June 14
Check out what is there is to see and do in Sarasota County at www.visitsarasota.org or via our mobile app Visit Sarasota.