Recently in Sweden, songwriter and record producer Max Martin won the Polar Music prize for his services to music, celebrating his many years penning and producing global chart-topping hits. Founded in 1989, the Polar Music Prize is an international music prize celebrating the power and importance of music.
Spotify in Sweden has taken a look at just how significant Max’s impact on music has been, from his work in the 1990s with artists such as Britney Spears and Backstreet Boys, right up to today with The Weeknd’s ‘Can’t Feel My Face’ and Justin Timberlake’s ‘Can’t Stop The Feeling’. Below are some key Spotify facts highlighting Max’s stellar success in the music industry as well his top 10 hits on Spotify.
Max Martin – Spotify facts
- Over 7.7 billion streams on Spotify to date
- 18 Max Martin songs have been streamed over 100 million times on Spotify (Justin Bieber comes up in six songs)
- Seven of the 100 most streamed tracks on Spotify were written by Max Martin. ‘Can’t Feel My Face’ is the eighth most streamed song ever (with 561m streams)
- Max Martin used to played the drums in the rock band Alive
- Wolf Cousins, a collective of songwriters and producers with members such as Tove Lo, was founded by Max Martin.
- The only songwriters who have had more Billboard number ones than Max Martin are Paul McCartney and John Lennon.
|Max Martin’s Top 10 on Spotify
|Can’t Feel My Face
|Love Me Like You Do –
From The “Fifty Shades
Of Grey” Soundtrack
|On My Mind
|Love Me Harder
|Hands To Myself
*number of streams