Real Estate Tech Startup HomeUnion Raises $16 Million in Series B Funding
HomeUnion has thousands of fully managed rental homes available for sale in 17 markets nationwide.
IRVINE, Calif., March 22, 2016 — HomeUnion, an online real estate investment management firm enabling value investing in single-family rental (SFR) properties, has raised $16 million in Series B funding. The financing included new investors Colchis Capital, Northgate Capital, and Tamarisc with participation by Artiman. To date, HomeUnion has received a total of $23 million in funding from venture capital firms and closed more than $50 million in real estate transactions.
“HomeUnion has disrupted real estate investing by creating an end-to-end investing experience that’s unencumbered by geographical barriers,” says Akhil Saklecha, a partner with Artiman. “Its hands-off approach allows investors to buy properties remotely like stocks or bonds, making real estate investing a viable alternative to build wealth..”
The company handles all aspects of the real estate investment transaction. The HomeUnion.com platform:
- Selects personalized portfolios of high-quality, pre-vetted rental properties based upon investor needs and risk profile.
- Identifies the best funding source for an investor whether that’s cash, an IRA or financing, and then facilitates the entire process.
- Acquires property on behalf of the investor and completes all documentation online.
- Directs property management duties through its in-house Asset Management division.
- Monitors detailed property information and return analysis.
- Helps the investor decide on the right time to sell through the use of data science.
“This latest infusion of capital will help us provide seamless, personalized service throughout the entire life cycle of an online real estate transaction,” says Don Ganguly, CEO of HomeUnion. “The funding enables us to continue offering the most transparent data, research and analytics on the SFR investment market, and to develop more online tools to analyze the performance of rental homes on a granular level – by neighborhood,” he notes.
HomeUnion is an online real estate investment management firm, bringing value investing to the individual investor in single-family rental (SFR) properties. Based in Irvine, Calif., it provides all the services needed for individuals to invest remotely in SFR properties. The company uses a combination of data-driven proprietary analytics to incorporate over 120M homes and 200,000 neighborhoods into their database, and then delivers its solutions to an on-the-ground infrastructure that currently serves 17 locations. HomeUnion’s role spans the lifecycle of the investment transaction: from identifying sound investments; handling all aspects of acquisition; maximizing income; protecting asset value; and selling it when the time comes.