It’s no secret that Florida has become a beacon for art & culture lovers around the world. Each winter brings with it one of the best seasons to enjoy open-air concerts and festivals. In one destination, located on Southwest Florida’s Gulf Coast, the music scene truly heats up in late February – which should be music to the ears of those looking for notable festival favorites to enjoy as winter ramps up.
Each year, the Punta Gorda/Englewood Beach area serves as the picturesque host to the world-class Wine & Jazz Festival presented by the Punta Gorda Chamber, which will again take over Laishley Park in Punta Gorda for an entire afternoon (February 25) and is expected to attract thousands of music lovers in search of unbeatable jazz artistry and weather.
And, this year’s event, the 12th annual, will be no exception, offering the very best of international jazz talent that can be found at the most affordable price – and a lineup jam packed with opportunities for visitors and residents alike to immerse themselves in Jazz at every turn.
Performers and highlights include:
- Peter White, a festival favorite, British-born great smooth jazz artist and jazz fusion guitarist
- Mindi Abair, the American two-time Grammy-nominated saxophonist and vocalist (who rocked last year’s Punta Gorda Wine & Jazz Festival as a new, first-time Wine & Jazz fest performer)
- Chieli Minucci & Special EFX – guitarist, composer, and arranger Chieli Minucci is longtime leader of the Grammy-nominated contemporary jazz-fusion group Chieli Minucci & Special EFX, a major force on the jazz and world music scene for almost 35 years
- Friday Night Wine Party with artists
- Fine-tuned dishes from local eateries available only in Punta Gorda/Englewood Beach
Tickets and more information are available at: https://puntagordachamber.com/product/12th-annual-wine-and-jazz-festival-2017-punta-gorda/.