|New York, NY (October 29, 2018) – On Sunday, October 28, iHeartMedia’s WWPR Power 105.1, New York’s Hip-Hop and R&B, presented its annual must-attend live music event, Powerhouse NYC, at Prudential Center in Newark, NJ. The powerful line-up included music superstars Cardi B, Lil Uzi Vert, SZA, Ella Mai, G-Eazy, Juice Wrld, Lil Duval and Lou Got Ca$h plus unforgettable surprise performances by Tekashi 6ix9ine, A-Boogie and DreamDoll.
105.1 on-air personalities in attendance included Angie Martinez, DJ Clue, DJ Prostyle, DJ Self as well as “The Breakfast Club” hosts Angela Yee, Charlamagne Tha God and DJ Envy. Additional notable guests in attendance included Thea Mitchem (Executive Vice President of Programming, iHeartMedia) and more.
Highlights from the concert event included the following:
- Cardi B closed out the night with a powerful set, including “Money” which she performed live for the first time ever on the #PowerhouseNYC stage. The crowd sang along to every word regardless of the fact that the song was released less than a week ago.
- During her set, Cardi B brought SZA onto the stage. The duo performed “I Do” for the first time since Coachella. It was a mutual admiration society with Cardi B thanking SZA for coming out and SZA telling Cardi B how beautiful she looked.
- Tekashi 6ix9ine, self-proclaimed “King of New York,” shut down Powerhouse NYC when he came out to perform a surprise set featuring hit track “FEFE” and more, which made the crowd go crazy. While other shows have turned him away, Power 105.1 did not shy away from letting Tekashi 6ix9ine turn up. For more on his jaw-dropping takeover, visit https://power1051.iheart.com/featured/powerhouse/content/2018-10-28-tekashi-6ix9ine-makes-a-surprise-appearance-at-powerhousenyc/.
- After performing an impressive set, SZA teased new music to debut soon during an interview with Angela Yee, sharing “I have this idea where I might drop something before my album, I take my album very seriously but you know, I wanna get it out there…. I want a clean slate for the next step.”
- During G-Eazy’s set he surprised the crowd by bringing out DreamDoll to perform her hit “Talk To Me Nice.”
- Prior to taking the stage, Lil Duval hinted at a Drake remix of “Smile” featuring Snoop Dog and Ball Greezy, during an interview with DJ Envy. Lil Duval admitted, “If I do put a remix out there, there’s only one person I have in mind, [someone who is] “living their best life.”
- Juice WRLD performed “Fine China,” his collaboration with Future, for the first time ever. Additionally, he brought out A-Boogie as a surprise.
- Ella Mai captivated the crowd with an emotional performance including “Boo’d Up” and more.
Additional event highlights and content from Power 105.1 backstage interviews can be viewed at the links below:
For additional details, please visit https://power1051.iheart.com and listen to Power 105.1 on-air or online via the station’s website as well as on iHeartRadio.com and the iHeartRadio mobile app, iHeartMedia’s all-in-one music streaming and digital radio service.