LA3C, PENSKE MEDIA’S FIRST-EVER CULTURE & CREATIVITY FESTIVAL, ANNOUNCES EXCLUSIVE EXPERIENCES FOR LA3C ATTENDEES
Deadline, IndieWire, SHE Media, VIBE, Variety, and Women’s Wear Daily to Host One-of-a-Kind Events for LA3C
Tickets On Sale Now at LA3C.com
Los Angeles, CA (November 3, 2022) – Today, LA3C, Penske Media Corporation’s (PMC) two-day festival celebrating the culture and immense creativity of Los Angeles, revealed its roster of exclusive activations hosted by Penske Media’s culture-defining brands including Deadline, IndieWire, SHE Media, Vibe and Variety for LA3C VIP, GA+ and GA ticketholders. Women’s Wear Daily will host a fashion dinner celebrating LA based designers in conjunction with LA3C by invitation only. LA3C will take place on Dec. 10-11 at Los Angeles State Historic Park. Tickets are on sale now at LA3C.com. Buy your LA3C tickets early and save. LA3C is a 21+ event.
LA3C will leverage the expertise and access of Penske Media’s iconic brands to offer exclusive and behind-the-scenes experiences to consumers for the first time. For LA3C VIP ticketholders, attendees can experience a range of events including Deadline Contenders Film: The Final Round event, and IndieWire, Shorts TV and National Geographic Documentary Films Present: A Short Film Showcase. Additionally, LA3C VIP ticketholders will have priority access to RSVP to VARIETY Music for Screens, featuring the creators, stars and green lighters behind entertainment offerings at the intersection of music and visual media with special guests, including Cate Blanchett.
Note: RSVP is required for the VIP ticketholder events as space is limited and available on a first-come, first served basis. LA3C VIP ticketholders will receive invitations to RSVP starting this Friday, November 4.
All LA3C ticketholders are invited to experience the onsite Penske Media brand activations including SHE Media’s Meaningful Marketplace sponsored by U.S. Bank and VIBE’s 30th Anniversary Celebration with L.A.’s Leimert Park mainstay sound provider, Linafornia on the Hot Import Nights® Stage at 1 p.m. PT on Dec. 10.
LA3C PMC Brand Experiences (visit LA3C.com for more information)
- Deadline Contenders Film: The Final Round (Saturday, Dec. 10): Deadline Hollywood’s premiere event series, Deadline Contenders, is where the newest star-studded awards season kicks off. Contenders allows voting members from guilds like SAG-AFTRA, DGA, and others to access one-of-a-kind panels featuring top films from the season. LA3C VIP ticketholders will receive priority access to RSVP for a half-day experience on December 10 for Contenders Film: The Final Round, a new showcase of films and talent at the forefront of the year’s awards conversation right before the awards nominations are announced.
- IndieWire, ShortsTV, and National Geographic Documentary Films Present: A Short Film Showcase (Friday, Dec. 9): Telling a great story in a short amount of time requires ingenuity and vision, and IndieWire sees the capital of creativity and culture as the ideal stage for these filmmakers, some of whom are LA-based. This short film screening, Q&A, and reception will celebrate the year’s best films contending for Oscar® nominations. LA3C VIP ticketholders will receive priority access to RSVP on a first-come, first served basis.
- SHE Media’s Meaningful Marketplace sponsored by U.S. Bank (Saturday, Dec. 10- Sunday, Dec. 11): SHE Media’s Meaningful Marketplace sponsored by U.S. Bank invites LA3C attendees to shop with purpose and discover brands built by diverse founders! During the festival, attendees are encouraged to support local businesses while treating themselves to some of LA’s best beauty products, accessories, home goods, fashion trends and more. All LA3C ticketholders will have access to SHE Media’s Meaningful Marketplace.
- Stylecaster’s Beauty Brunch (Saturday Dec. 10 from 11-1 pm) in DTLA. Get Festival ready with glam styling inspired by LA3C headliners most iconic hair and makeup looks. VIP ticket holders RSVP on a first come, first served basis, space is limited.
- Variety Music for Screens: (Tuesday, Nov. 29- Thursday, Dec. 1 from 9am-12pm PT): An important sector of music in Los Angeles is the music made for film and television. As the awards season kicks into gear, Variety, the iconic and most read entertainment news publication, hosts Music for Screens, featuring the creators, stars and green lighters behind entertainment offerings at the intersection of music and visual media with special guests, including Cate Blanchett. LA3C VIP ticketholders will receive priority access to RSVP for the three-day virtual event on a first-come, first served basis.
- VIBE’s 30th Anniversary Celebration (Saturday, Dec. 10): VIBE, the global destination for music, entertainment and cultural content, will kick off LA3C with a celebratory 30th anniversary set at 1 p.m. PT on December 10. L.A.’s Leimert Park mainstay sound provider, Linafornia, will be mixing her signature beats for 90 minutes on the Hot Import Nights® @LA3C Stage. All LA3C ticketholders will have access to VIBE’s 30th anniversary DJ set.
Also happening in conjunction with LA3C:
- FAIRCHILD MEDIA GROUP X CFDA LA Designer Dinner (Thursday, Dec. 8): On Dec. 8, fashion industry stalwart WWD and the CFDA in Los Angeles will celebrate the fashion, design and culture that makes LA shine. Hosted by Editorial Director James Fallon and Fairchild Media Group (FMG) President, Amanda Smith, along with CFDA CEO, Steven Kolb, the invite-only FMG X CFDA LA Designer Dinner will welcome the most notable names in the Los Angeles fashion scene. This event is invitation only and not open to LA3C ticketholders.
The festival’s mark, LA3C, stands for Los Angeles (LA), the Capital of Culture & Creativity (3C) and aims to connect people and communities through music, food, art and culture. The two-day celebration will be a curation of best-in-class experiences including a range of multicultural food, bold art on display from some of the world’s most talented artists and surprise and delight experiences
As previously announced, LA3C’s genre-spanning music lineup celebrates the sounds and spirit of Los Angeles from hip-hop to K-pop with big name headliners and homegrown favorites including headliner Megan Thee Stallion, Snoop Dogg, Seventeen and more on Dec. 10, to a celebration of Latin music with headliner Maluma, Piso 21, Fonseca and more on Dec. 11. For the full list of LA3C performers, visit LA3C.com/music.
LA3C is committed to nurturing the city’s creative heart and preserving Los Angeles as a capital of creativity and culture for years to come. In its inaugural year, LA3C will support the next generations of creative talent in Los Angeles through partnerships with nonprofit arts organizations Heart of Los Angeles (HOLA) and Film Independent.
Follow the event on social media: Facebook @LA3Cofficial, Twitter @LA3Cofficial, Instagram @LA3Cofficial and join the conversation using #LA3C
Penske Media’s LA3C is a first-time annual festival celebrating the rich culture and creativity of Los Angeles. Over two days, LA3C promises to cultivate the best of Los Angeles with headlining musical talent, bold art installations, and food that represents the diverse palette of the city. Festivalgoers will leave feeling proud to live in LA and energized by new experiences and surprise & delight moments. LA3C brings our community together in the heart of the city to celebrate everything that makes Los Angeles unique. LA3C will leverage the expertise and access of Penske Media properties including Variety, Billboard, VIBE, The Hollywood Reporter, Rolling Stone, Deadline, WWD, Sportico, SHE Media, ARTnews, Robb Report, IndieWire, TVLine and Sourcing Journal.
About Penske Media Corporation
Penske Media Corporation (PMC) is a leading global media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a passionate audience. Since 2004, PMC has been a pioneer in digital media and a platform innovator, reaching viewers on all screens across its ever-growing constellation of iconic brands, which includes Variety, Rolling Stone, VIBE, SXSW, Life is Beautiful, The Hollywood Reporter, Billboard, WWD, SHE Media, Robb Report, Deadline, Sportico, BGR, ARTnews, Fairchild Media, IndieWire, Dirt, Gold Derby, Spy.com, TVLine, Sourcing Journal, among many others. PMC’s journalists and content creators deliver daily the most comprehensive news and information in their industries and areas of coverage, unequaled in ambition, depth, and courage. In addition, PMC owns several vital cultural events such as SXSW, LA3C, and Life is Beautiful. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 14 countries worldwide, PMC believes companies should not only be profitable but also forces for good.