Janell Stephens, owner of Camille Rose Naturals and a health conscience mother of five, has always been at the forefront of the entrepreneurial line. Her vegan collection of food-inspired hair and body products is her third successful company. Building a business from the ground up requires hard work, dedication and an unmatched nerve to do it all. For Janell, “all” means marriage, motherhood, business and fitness. And she’s not just running a small batch shop; her products can be found nationwide in big box stores like Target, Whole Foods, and Bed, Bath & Beyond. So, how does she do it without quitting five times a day and completely losing her sanity? Three words: Do For Self. Her motto prioritizes taking care of oneself so that every other demand feels less demanding. Check out her five ways for how you can be a triple threat, too:
1. Believe in yourself. Before you set out to do anything extraordinary, you have to believe in yourself. You’ll encounter plenty of people along the way who will doubt your ability. Having a strong confidence that success, on your terms, truly is possible will help fuel your entrepreneurial drive.
2. Know your limits and accept them. It’s true that you have to work hard to be successful. But, working hard doesn’t necessarily mean working all the time. It’s okay to say “no” to some opportunities or even put things on the back burner until you have the time to give them the attention they deserve. No one (including you!) benefits when you push yourself beyond your emotional or physical limits.
3. Set your work hours and commit to them. In order to give your family the attention they deserve, you must set your work hours around the times that your children and husband are already occupied (school, work, etc.). Create a schedule with what you’d like to accomplish in those precious four to five uninterrupted hours. You’d be surprised by how much you can get done by staying focused on a few daily tasks and not getting sidetracked by random to-do’s that sneak into your inbox.
4. Find your peace. At some point in the day, you’ll need to take time to relax and clear your mind. If the kitchen is your resting place, whip up dinner while mentally unwinding from your business life. Not as domesticated? Take 15 minutes to relax with a calming cup of tea. Whatever you choose, taking time to find your peace in the midst of a chaotic day will help recharge your mind and body.
5. Exercise and eat right. Know this: superwoman can’t get sick. So managing your health through regular exercise and clean eating is essential. A good early morning workout increases energy naturally, while keeping your body in tip top shape. Eating a balanced diet is a must, too. Consider limiting your sugar intake and adding in more veggies, fruit and grains. Nurturing your body from the inside will reflect on the outside as you make the “do it all” life look easy!
Camille Rose Naturals was founded in 2010 by Janell Stephens, a mother of five and dedicated vegan. Camille Rose Naturals is a 100% MOMpreneur owned and operated company. They are dedicated to developing and marketing hand-made hair, skin and body care products for modern natural hair sophisticates who care about their total health, beauty and wellness.
In honor of Janell’s maternal grandmother, the name Camille Rose was created paying homage to the one inspiration who taught her how to be a woman that has the poise and ability to wear many hats. She was the original Mixtress™ able to combine and create natural, home-made treatments to care for and improve the health of her loved ones. Possessing strength, grace and knowledge and having a classic-elegance that embodied an unspoken beauty and confidence that needed to be shared.”
Janell Stephens, Founder Camille Rose Naturals
Taking pride in the products they hand make, Camille Rose Naturals seek to provide products that devoted clientele can trust, believe in and know are developed for ultimate health, wellness and beauty.
Camille Rose Naturals is available at Target & Whole Foods Stores nationwide. To learn more about the brand, please visit camillerosenturals.com