Hearts for Homeless Pets
At Bradenton Farmers Market
February 13 Ÿ 9 a.m.-2 p.m.
It’s More Than A Market!
Dogs and cats from Manatee County rescue organizations and shelters will be available for adoption.
BRADENTON, FL— Find the pet who tugs at your heartstrings at Hearts for Homeless Pets, a pet adoption event at the Bradenton Farmers’ Market, Saturday, February 13, 9 a.m.-2 p.m. Dogs from Manatee County Animal Services, Humane Society of Manatee County, Bishop Animal Shelter, Safe Haven Animal Rescue of Florida and Moonracer Animal Rescue will be available for adoption. Cats from Downtown MeowTown will also be available for adoption. Thinking about adopting, but not ready yet? Find out about fostering, volunteering or making donations to your favorite rescues.
“Hearts for Homeless Pets is a wonderful example of the people of Manatee County uniting for pets,” says Debra Starr, a board member of Animal Network, Inc. “Our county shelters and rescues are full of wonderful dogs and cats. Hearts for Homeless Pets hopes to highlight the plight of these pets and help them to find permanent loving homes. Together we want to encourage people to ‘opt to adopt’ and practice responsible pet ownership.”
Peg Haynes, the market’s manager, says there will be plenty of other events happening during the rest of the season.
“We also feature Mainly Art, an arts and crafts market held on the third Saturday of each month, featuring the work of 20+ local artisans and live music. 4th Avenue adjacent to Old Main Street is the location for numerous other special events at the market,” she says.
The Downtown Bradenton Farmer’s Market is 9 a.m.-2 p.m., on Old Main Street, between Manatee Avenue West and 3rd Avenue West in downtown Bradenton. Parking is free and dogs on leashes are welcome. For more information about the Bradenton Farmers’ Market, visit www.BradentonFarmersMarket.com.
The 2015-2016 sponsors of the Bradenton Farmers’ Market are the Bradenton Herald, Bright House Networks, Downtown Development Authority, Florida Blue, Manatee Community Federal Credit Union, and Mosaic.
- March 5: ArtSlam: Downtown Bradenton will be transformed into an innovation zone as students and creatives take over Old Main Street. This fifth annual event in downtown Bradenton features young artists, musicians and performers, site-specific art installations, and interactive art experiences.
- March 12: The Beats @ Healthy Streets: A health fair, sponsored by the Florida Department of Health in Manatee County, featuring engaging activities and useful information and tools to help attendees get on the road to good health. Free, fun demonstrations will include healthy cooking, yoga, Zumba and more. Free health services will also be offered and many other community health resources will provide information and giveaways.
- April 2, 9 or 23rd (TBA): Firehouse Foodies Showcase: Firefighting foodies share their favorite firehouse recipes in a friendly competition in April.
- April 30: 2nd annual Children’s Book Fair and Family Fun Day in partnership with Manatee County public libraries and ABC Artisans of Books for Children and Adults. Features more than a dozen local authors and illustrators of children’s books, storytelling, a scavenger hunt, and numerous other fun activities for the kids.
- May 7: Celebration of the Performing Arts and Student Art Sale: Students from Manatee County schools share their performance talents and offer their art for sale.
For more information about the Bradenton Farmers’ Market, visit www.BradentonFarmersMarket.com. Prospective vendors may apply by completing the online application form.
About the Bradenton Farmers’ Market
The Bradenton Farmers’ Market, a production of Realize Bradenton, features more than 30 vendors who offer locally grown fruits, vegetables, plants, organic products, prepared foods, and the work of local artists and craftspeople. Live music, demonstrations by local chefs, and free family activities are also part of the fun. The market, located on Old Main Street, between Manatee Avenue West and 3rd Avenue West in downtown Bradenton, is open on Saturdays through May, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Parking is free and dogs on leashes are welcome. For more information, visit: www.BradentonFarmersMarket.com.
About Realize Bradenton
Realize Bradenton is a non-profit organization that brings people together to create a vibrant and prosperous Bradenton area. For more information, visit: www.RealizeBradenton.com.