Ratings Highlights for Tuesday, August 26, 2014 – National Ratings
Finale of “Pretty Little Liars” Is the Summer’s #2 Most-Tweeted Drama/Comedy Telecast, Behind Only Its Summer Premiere; #RIPMona Hashtag
Becomes the Series’ Biggest Episode-Specific Hashtag Ever
At 8 O’Clock, “Pretty Little Liars” Ranked as Cable TV’s #1 Series for Its
70th-Original Telecast in Viewers 12-34 and 107th in Females 12-34
“Pretty Little Liars” Social Media Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest Highlights:
Delivering its #2 telecast of the season in Total Viewers (2.3 million) and Adults 18-49 (1.3 million/1.0 rating) and hitting multi-week highs among remaining target demos,the summer finale of Twitter’s favorite TV show, “Pretty Little Liars,” (8:00 – 9:00 p.m.) became the #2 most-tweeted drama/comedy series telecast of the summer (890,954), behind only its summer premiere (1,046,459 – 6/10/14), driven by the #RIPMona hashtag. Furthermore, “Pretty Little Liars” was Tuesday’s #1 most-tweeted Primetime series telecast during all 12 weeks this season.
Introduced in the final minutes, the #RIPMona hashtag generated 339k tweets yesterday, including more than 200k tweets between 9pm and 10pm alone, making it the fastest-growing and biggest episode-specific hashtag “Pretty Little Liars” has ever seen, with unprecedented social volume in the hour following as fans continued to discuss. Impressively, the hashtag is still trending nearly 24 hours later.
Jenn Deering Davis, Co-Founder of Union Metrics, said: “The “Pretty Little Liars” Fatal Finale drew in a tremendous audience on Twitter yesterday, particularly during the final minutes of the episode when fans coalesced around the #RIPMona hashtag. ABC Family engaged viewers throughout the episode by tweeting along with events on-screen, driving tens of thousands of retweets in what has become one of the trademarks of the network’s social success. It was another banner night for Twitter’s favorite TV show.”
- Further, a Twitter TV audience of 4.7 million people saw over 890,000 tweets about the season 5 finale. Those tweets were sent by 259,000 unique authors and generated over 33.6 million impressions.
- On Instagram, launching at the top of the month on May 2, “Pretty Little Liars” has fast become the #1 most-followed scripted showwith over 1.1 million followers, easily topping #2, “Orange Is the New Black” (817,574), “Duck Dynasty” (808,554). And “The Walking Dead” (675,543). “Pretty Little Liars” is also the #1 show on Pinterest.
“Pretty Little Liars” TV Ratings:
- The “Pretty Little Liars” finale was Tuesday’s #1 TV telecast in Women 18-34 (765,000/2.3 rating) and Females 12-34 (1.3 million/2.7 rating), cable TV’s #1 telecast in Women 18-49 (1.1 million/1.6 rating) and the #1 original cable TV telecast in Adults 18-34 (916,000/1.4 rating), Adults 18-49 (1.3 million/1.0 rating) and Viewers 12-34 (1.5 million/1.6 rating).
- Including its lead-in catch-up marathon and 10 p.m./1 a.m. encores, “Pretty Little Liars” generated 5.7 million Total Viewers, 3.3 million Adults 18-49 and 3.6 million Viewers 12-34.
- “Pretty Little Liars” stood as Tuesday’s #1 cable TV telecast at 8 o’clock for the 107th-consecutive original telecast in Females 12-34 – each telecast since its June 2010 series debut – 59th in Adults 18-34, 66th in Women 18-34, 62nd in Women 18-49 and 70th in Viewers 12-34.
- Based on available full-week DVR viewing numbers, “Pretty Little Liars” surges by nearly
1.3 million Total Viewers to 3.5 million (vs. 2.2 million) and by nearly 1 million key demo viewers to 2.0 million Adults 18-49 (vs. 1.2 million) and to 2.3 million Viewers 12-34 (vs. 1.4 million).
Source: NTI, 8/26/14, Live + Same Day. PLL L+7 ratings: 6/10/14-8/5/14; Social Media Sources: SocialGuide/Nielsen Twitter TV ratings.