FATHOM EVENTS AND UFC® TO BRING UFC® 185: PETTIS VS DOS ANJOS TO SELECT U.S. MOVIE THEATERS LIVE ON MARCH 14
UFC lightweight champion Anthony Pettis Collides with No.1 contender Rafael dos Anjos
UFC Women’s Bantamweight champion Carla Esparza Takes on Joanna Jedrzejczyk in the Co-main Event
DENVER – March 2, 2015 – Broadcast live from the American Airlines Center in Dallas, Texas, Fathom Events and UFC® are set to bring the big guns to the big screen with two championship fights as UFC® 185: Pettis vs. dos Anjos comes to select U.S. movie theaters nationwide on Saturday, March 14 at 10:00 p.m. ET / 9:00 p.m. CT / 8:00 p.m. MT / 7:00 p.m. PT. At UFC® 185, UFC® lightweight champion Anthony “Showtime” Pettis (18-2) defends his lightweight crown for the second time against surging Brazilian No.1 contender Rafael dos Anjos (23-7) and in the co-main event, the first women’s strawweight champion in UFC® history, Carla “Cookie Monster” Esparza (11-2), puts her belt on the line against Poland’s Joanna Jedrzejczyk (8-0), who will try to make history as the only fighter from her country to wear UFC gold.
Tickets to watch UFC® 185: Pettis vs. dos Anjos on the big screen are available at participating theater box offices and at www.FathomEvents.com. The event will be presented in more than 270 select movie theaters around the country through Fathom’s Digital Broadcast Network. For a complete list of theater locations, visit the Fathom Events website (theaters and participants are subject to change).
Other bouts for UFC® 185 include:
- Johny “Bigg Rigg” Hendricks (16-3, fighting out of Dallas, TX by way of Ada, OK) returns to the site where he first won the UFC® welterweight title before losing it in December, as he takes on Matt “The Immortal” Brown (21-12, fighting out of Columbus, OH by way of Xenia, OH).
- Roy “Big Country” Nelson (21-10, fighting out of Las Vegas, NV) and Alistair “The Reem” Overeem (38-14, fighting out of Amsterdam, The Netherlands by way of Hounslow, England) will face off in a heavyweight bout.
- Chris “Kamikaze” Cariaso (17-6, fighting out of Tucson, AZ by way of San Jose, CA) fights Olympic gold medalist Henry “The Messenger” Cejudo (7-0, fighting out of Phoenix, AZ by way of Los Angeles, CA) in a flyweight match.
- Ross “The Real Deal” Pearson (18-0, fighting out of San Diego, CA by way of Sunderland, England) will take on Sam “Hands of Stone” Stout (21-10-1, fighting out of London, Ontario, Canada).
- Elias “The Spartan” Theodorou (10-0, fighting out of London, Ontario, Canada) will square off against Roger “Silverback” Narvaez (7-1, fighting out of Corpus Christi, TX) in a middleweight showdown.
- Daron “Detroit Superstar” Cruickshank (16-5, fighting out of Detroit, MI by way of Wayne, MI) is set to battle Beneil Dariush (9-1, fighting out of Yorba Linda, CA by way of Goetapeh, Iran) in a lightweight bout.
- In a heavyweight bout, Jared “The Big Show” Rosholt (11-22, fighting out of Arlington, TX by way of Sanpoint, ID) will face Josh “Cuddly Bear” Copeland (9-1, fighting out of Denver, CO by way of Salmon, ID).
The full fight card is available at www.ufc.com/event/UFC185.
“We’re proud to partner with UFC® to bring another exciting night of Octagon® action to theaters across the country,” said Fathom Events Vice President of Programming Kymberli Frueh-Owens. “With two title fights up on the big screen, UFC® 185 is set to be another big hit.”
For more information or current fight news, visit www.ufc.com. All bouts are live and subject to change.
About Fathom Events
Fathom Events is owned by a newly formed entity called AC JV, LLC. Fathom is the recognized leader in the alternative entertainment industry, offering a variety of one-of-a-kind entertainment events in movie theaters nationwide that include live, high-definition performances of the Metropolitan Opera, the performing arts, major sporting events, music concerts, comedy series, Broadway shows, original programming featuring entertainment’s biggest stars, socially relevant documentaries with audience Q&A and much more. Additionally, Fathom events take audiences behind-the-scenes and offer unique extras – creating the ultimate entertainment experience for fans of all ages. Co-owned by the three largest movie theater circuits in the United States, AMC Entertainment Inc. (NYSE: AMC), Cinemark Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: CNK) and Regal Entertainment Group (NYSE: RGC), Fathom’s live digital broadcast network (“DBN”) is the largest cinema broadcast network in North America, bringing live events to more than 775 locations in 171 Designated Market Areas® (including all of the top 50). For more information, visit www.fathomevents.com.
Owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC, UFC® is the premier mixed martial arts (MMA) organization and largest pay-per-view event provider in the world. Headquartered in Las Vegas with offices in London, Toronto, Singapore and Sao Paulo, UFC produces more than 40 live events annually that consistently sell out some of the most prestigious arenas around the globe. UFC programming is broadcast in 129 countries and territories to nearly 800 million TV households worldwide in 28 different languages. The UFC has a multi-year broadcast agreement with FOX in the U.S., which annually includes four live events broadcast on the FOX network, as well as The Ultimate Fighter® reality television show and thousands of hours of programming on FOX Sports 1 and FOX Sports 2. In 2014, UFC launched UFC FIGHT PASS™, a digital subscription service with exclusive live events, thousands of fights on-demand and original content. The UFC organization also licenses over 100 UFC GYM® locations, and owns UFC.TV® (offering live event broadcasts and video on-demand around the world), UFC FIT™ (an in-home fitness and nutrition program), UFC Magazine, and has a videogame franchise with EA SPORTS, UFC Fight Club®, UFC Fan Expo®, UFC branded apparel, DVDs and Blu-rays and Topps Trading Cards. For more information, visit UFC.com and follow UFC at Facebook.com/UFC, Twitter and Instagram: @UFC.