Tuesday, April 21, 2015; Game # 13
Bowling Green Ballpark; Bowling Green, Ky.; 7:35 p.m.
Radio: Fox Sports 980 WONE
Dayton Dragons (6-6) at Bowling Green Hot Rods (5-7)
RH Wyatt Strahan (2-0, 1.54) vs. RH Brent Honeywell (0-1, 1.80)
Click here for the full Dragons Press Box Notes
Today’s Game: The Dayton Dragons (affiliate of the Cincinnati Reds) meet the Bowling Green Hot Rods (affiliate of the Tampa Bay Rays) in the first game of a three-game series. Streaks: Dayton has lost two straight after winning five of the previous six games.
- Avain Rachal has hit safely in five straight games, going 6 for 18, .333.
- Luis Gonzalez is 6 for 19 (.316) over his last five games.
- Aristides Aquino has hit safely in eight of his last nine games, batting .281 with a home run over the stretch.
- Brian Hunter has made four appearances out of the Dayton bullpen without allowing an earned run (4.1 IP, 4 H, 1 UER, 3 BB, 5 SO).
- After establishing a season-high in hits (12) and runs (9) on Saturday, the Dragons combined for just three runs on 11 hits in the two games Sunday and Monday. They went a combined 0 for 15 with men in scoring position in the two losses.
- Dragons pitchers walked just four batters the three games at Lansing while Dragons hitters drew 13 walks.
- Dragons opponents have scored a total of eight runs in the Dragons six victories and 45 runs in the six Dragons losses.
Upcoming Probable Pitchers (All game times are Dayton time) (All games on WONE 980 AM and www.daytondragons.com)
Wednesday, April 22 (7:35 p.m.): Dayton RH Tejay Antone (0-1, 3.38) at Bowling Green RH Greg Harris (0-2, 3.27)
Thursday, April 23 (7:35 p.m.): Dayton LH Seth Varner (2-0, 2.45) at Bowling Green RH Hyrum Formo (0-0, 4.91)
Friday, April 24 (7:00 p.m.): West Michigan TBA at Dayton RH Mark Armstrong (0-1, 3.75)
Saturday, April 25 (7:07 p.m.): West Michigan TBA at Dayton RH Tyler Mahle (1-1, 2.87)
Sunday, April 26 (2:00 p.m.): West Michigan TBA at Dayton RH Wyatt Strahan