Friday, April 17, 2015; Game # 9
Fifth Third Field; Dayton, Ohio; 7:07 p.m.
TV: WHIO 7.2 (23, 372); Radio: Fox Sports 980 WONE
Bowling Green Hot Rods (2-6) at Dayton Dragons (5-3)
RH Hyrum Formo (0-0, 4.50) vs. RH Tejay Antone (0-1, 5.40)
Click here for the full Dragons Press Box Notes
Click here for Dragons Press Box Stats
Today’s Game: The Dayton Dragons (affiliate of the Cincinnati Reds) meet the Bowling Green Hot Rods (affiliate of the Tampa Bay Rays) in the last game of a three-game series. The Dragons will try for a series sweep tonight. Streaks: Dayton has won four straight games.
Yesterday: Dayton 5, Bowling Green 2. Brian O’Grady’s two-run double with two outs in the sixth inning gave the Dragons a 3-2 lead as they won their second straight in the series and fourth straight overall.
- Alejandro Chacin earned the 30th save of his Dragons career last night, moving him into second place on the Dragons all-time list.
- Wendell Soto has appeared in four games, reaching base in seven of his 14 plate appearances with the Dragons only HR of the year.
- Aristides Aquino has hit safely in five straight games after going 1 for his first 11.
- Brian Hunter has made three scoreless appearances out of the Dayton bullpen covering 4.1 innings (two hits, two walks, five strikeouts).
- The Dragons have won four straight games, outscoring their opponents 18-5.
- Dragons opponents have scored a total of five runs in the Dragons five victories and 26 runs in the three Dragons losses.
- Dragons starting pitchers have a combined ERA of 2.59 while relievers stand at 2.96. Relievers have not allowed a run during the four-game winning streak covering 13.1 innings.
- The Dragons have committed one error or less in seven of their eight games and a total of four errors in five games on the home stand.
- The Dragons defense has turned 10 double plays, tied for first in the league. The Dragons are tied for fourth in team fielding percentage.
Upcoming Probable Pitchers (All game times are Dayton time) (All games on WONE 980 AM and www.daytondragons.com)
Saturday, April 18 (5:05 p.m.): Dayton LH Seth Varner (1-0, 1.80) at Lansing RH Conner Greene (0-0, 1.80)
Sunday, April 19 (2:05 p.m.): Dayton RH Mark Armstrong (0-0, 3.60) at Lansing RH Sean Reid-Foley (0-0, 0.00)
Monday, April 20 (12:05 p.m.): Dayton RH Tyler Mahle (1-0, 0.77) at Lansing RH Chase De Jong (0-0, 1.86)