DT: NOVEMBER 24, 2014
FR: ALEXANDRA GREENBERG/MSO PR
‘5 years of mau5’ RETROSPECTIVE DOUBLE ALBUM
OUT TODAY, NOVEMBER 24 VIA ULTRA MUSIC
FEATURING “GHOSTS ‘N’ STUFF,” “THE VELDT,”
“RAISE YOUR WEAPON’ AND “SOFI NEEDS A LADDER”
ALONG WITH REMIXES BY ERIC PRYDZ, DILLON FRANCIS,
MICHAEL WOODS, MADEON, BOTNEK AND MUCH MORE
EXCLUSIVE SPOTIFY PLAYLIST
deadmau5’s 5 years of mau5–out today (November 24) on Ultra Music–encompasses highlights from his beloved back catalog alongside exclusive and new remixes from friends of his label mau5trap. Also being offered today is an exclusive playlist for Spotify with many of the songs featured on 5 years. Stream it now here: http://smarturl.it/discoverdeadmau5.
Last week marked the final reveal of two other works featured on 5 years of mau5 prior to its release: the Michael Woods 2014 remix of “Strobe” and the iTunes exclusive remix of “Raise Your Weapon” by Maywald. Woods, who originally remixed the mau5 classic in 2009, updates his reworking for 5 years, injecting a fresh tone of synths and beats for progressive sets throughout the world, while emerging German producer Maywald lays on an afterhours vibe onto the beloved mau5 vocal classic.
Listen to deadmau5’s “Strobe” (Michael Woods 2014 Remix) now here and “Raise Your Weapon” Maywald remix courtesy of EW.com at: http://music-mix.ew.com/2014/11/21/deadmau5-raise-your-weapon-maywald-remix/
These offerings also join other tracks such as:
- “Ghosts n Stuff (Chuckie Remix): The iconic Dirty Dutch producer turns his hand to remixing what is widely recognized as one of deadmau5’ most influential tracks of his career. Chuckie’s punchy, synth-rich rework provides a welcome, contemporary electrohouse twist while re-layering Rob Swire’s anthemic vocal over a thumping, hard-edged bassline. It serves as a great introduction to Chuckie’s revered ‘Dirty Dutch’ production remit, while simultaneously reminding the world just how crucial a record ‘Ghosts n Stuff’ remains.
- The “Maths (Botnek Remix)” that made its debut on Billboard.
- “I Remember” (Shiba San Remix): Pete Tong premiered the remix on his influential Radio One show and had the blogsphere ablaze commenting on the sultry remix by emerging Dirtybird producer Shiba San.
- “Some Chords (Dillon Francis Remix)” From the opening track of deadmau5’s 2010 album 4×4=12, is a classic mau5 track bathed in synths. Close friend Dillon Francis surprised fans in late August this year by playing his own remix of the song. The deadmau5 “Some Chords” (Dillon Francis remix) made its official debut on Twitter’s new SoundCloud integration player at: https://twitter.com/mau5trap/status/522847939379863553 and to date has garnered over one million plays. Both the original version of the song and Dillon Francis’ remix appear on the retrospective.
- “Raise Your Weapon” with a new offering from Australia’s Wax Motif. U.K.’s Q magazine premiered the track here.
Listen to all these tracks now at: www.soundcloud.com/mau5trap
The full track list for deadmau5’s 5 years of mau5 is:
Ghosts ‘n’ Stuff
Raise Your Weapon
Brazil (2nd Edit)
Sofi Needs A Ladder
Some Chords – Dillion Francis Remix
Ghosts n’ Stuff – Chuckie Remix
deadmau5 vs. Eric Prydz – The Veldt (Edit)
Maths – Botnek Remix
Raise Your Weapon – Madeon Remix
Strobe – Michael Woods 2014 Remix
I Remember – Shiba San Remix
Raise Your Weapon – Wax Motif Remix
Sofi Needs A Ladder – Pig&Dan Remix
Ghosts ‘n’ Stuff – NERO remix
Maths – Cobra Effect Remix
Raise Your Weapon – Maywald Remix
I Said – Michael Woods Said It Again ReEdit
Raise Your Weapon – Weiss Remix
Raise Your Weapon – Michael Cassette Remix
Get up close and personal with deadmau5 on live.deadmau5.com.
Joel Zimmerman, more commonly known as deadmau5 (pronounced ‘dead mouse’), is one of the world’s most respected electronic music producers of modern times. Enjoying international chart success with his singles “Professional Griefers,” “Sofi Needs A Ladder,” “Ghosts ‘n’ Stuff” and “I Remember,” he has also released five critically acclaimed albums: while(1<2), >album title goes here<, 4×4=12, For Lack Of A Better Name and Random Album Title. The multiple JUNO Award-winning and Grammy®-nominated artist performed at the 54th Annual GRAMMY Awards as part of its first ever telecast performance highlighting electronic music. His ability to push the boundaries of his talent grows at an equal rate to his fan base, which counts almost nine million on his Facebook page. deadmau5 is also the #1 selling artist on online retailer Beatport. A major touring act, he has headlined iTunes Music Festival, Lollapalooza, Outside Lands, Budweiser Made In America, Sonar, Virgin Mobile FreeFest, Coachella, Ultra Music Festival, HARD Day of the Dead, and Creamfields, and sold out Rogers Centre in Toronto and PETCO Park in San Diego, as well as multiple consecutive nights at legendary venues like the Roseland Ballroom in NYC and the Palladium in Los Angeles. Plans for a major world tour in 2015 are in now the works. He appeared on the cover of Rolling Stone (summer double issue, 2012), marking him as the first electronic artist to do so.