July 8 – July 13, 2015
Fifth Third Field
**Game and Radio Broadcast Schedule**
- Wednesday, July 8 — Bowling Green Hot Rods (Rays) at Dayton Dragons (Reds), 7:00 p.m.
- Thursday, July 9 — Bowling Green Hot Rods (Rays) at Dayton Dragons (Reds), 7:00 p.m.
- Friday, July 10 — Lansing Lugnuts (Blue Jays) at Dayton Dragons (Reds), 7:00 p.m.
- Saturday, July 11 — Lansing Lugnuts (Blue Jays) at Dayton Dragons (Reds), 7:00 p.m.
- Sunday, July 12 — Lansing Lugnuts (Blue Jays) at Dayton Dragons (Reds), 2:00 p.m.
- Monday, July 13 — Lansing Lugnuts (Blue Jays) at Dayton Dragons (Reds), 7:00 p.m.
All games broadcast on Fox Sports 980 AM and streamed via the Dragons website at www.daytondragons.com. Broadcasts are also available on the Dragons app for Apple and Android devices.
**Dragons On TV**
- Thursday, Friday, and Saturday’s games will be televised on WHIO Digital Channel 7.2. It is available on Time Warner Basic Cable Channel 23 and Digital Channel 372.
- Mike Vander Woude joins Tom Nichols on the television broadcast Thursday and Saturday. Vander Woude spent eight seasons as the Director of Broadcasting and Media Relations with the Dragons from 2000-2007 and five seasons with Scranton/Wilkes-Barre of the International League.
- Former Minor League player, Minor League General Manager, and Major League executive Grant Griesser will join Tom Nichols on the telecast Friday.
**For Your Entertainment**
- Wednesday, July 8
- Pregame Presentation — Lebanon Warriors Softball
- National Anthem performed by Centerville Community Chorus
- Bucket Ruckus
- Thursday, July 9
- Pregame/in-game Blue Point Toasted Lager and Blueberry Ale beer sampling presented by Heidelberg Distributing
- Our nation’s colors presented by Boy Scout Troop 193
- National Anthem performed by Don Ervin
- Retirement Village People
- Buffalo Wild Wings “Dragons Win, You Win!” — If the Dragons win, each fan can download a voucher for $2 off a $10 order from Buffalo Wild Wings. If the Dragons do not win, fans can still download an online coupon for 10% off. Fans can download either voucher at daytondragons.com after the game. This event will occur during every Thursday Dragons game from May 21-July 23
- Community All-Stars Presentation presented by Vectren and AT&T
- Chick-Fil-A Friends and Family Night — Fans can purchase Friends and Family tickets that include a ticket to the game, a Dragons hat, and a Chick-fil-A meal voucher for just $12. Call the Dragons Box Office or visit www.daytondragons.com/friends for more information
- Friday, July 10
- Pregame Chrysler — Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Ram will be showcasing some of their cars and opportunities for more information
- City of Dayton recruitment table
- Pregame Skydivers — Team Fastrax will be jumping out of a plane with The Gold Star Flag. The flag symbolizes the sacrifice that Gold Star Families made when a father, mother, brother, sister, son, daughter, or other loved one died in service to the nation.
- With the support of the Wounded Warrior Project, The Dayton Dragons are pleased to recognize and honor 30 Purple Heart recipients and six Gold Star Families during pregame.
- National Anthem performed by First Baptist Church of Germantown
- Aaron Tippin to perform God Bless America
- Mini Dugout Dancers
- Saturday, July 11
- Pregame Dayton Power & Lighting Bucket Truck, glow sticks and sun glasses pass out on the plaza
- Pregame/postgame Drumline
- Pregame Little League Parade — South Charleston Youth Association
- National Anthem performed by St. Henry’s Trio
- Tahitian Dancers
- Kroger Baseball Buddies — nine kids will have the opportunity to make their professional debut with the Dragons team before the game by running onto the field for the National Anthem
- Postgame Dayton Power & Light light bulb giveaway
- Sunday, July 12
- Team ZOOM! sponsored by Great Clips
- Great Clips NASCAR Driver Darren Hagen will be on the plaza pre-game with his car signing autographs
- National Anthem performed by Slightly Seasoned
- Ford Auto Dealers will be honoring 97-year-old Army Air Corps Veteran Martin Kahl during an inning break through the Ford Honor Them program
- Monday, July 13
- Actor and Dayton native Chad Lowe to throw out ceremonial first pitch
**Dragons On The Field**
- The Dragons continue the home portion of their 16th season at Fifth Third Field having sold out 1,091 consecutive games. Over 40 home games, the Dragons average attendance is 8,302. Total attendance is 332,089, the highest in the Midwest League and highest throughout Single-A and Double-A.
- The Dragons completed the first half of the season 39-31, finishing in third place in the Eastern Division. Their 39 wins marks the third highest win total in a first half in franchise history.
- The 2015 roster features 15 players that won a Pioneer League Championship with the Billings Mustangs last season including Jimmy Pickens, Wyatt Strahan and star reliever Brennan Bernardino.
- The Dragons have four players on Baseball America’s Top 30 Reds Prospects list. Infielder Gavin LaValley (#17) is the lone position player in the Top 30. Wyatt Strahan (#23), a right-handed pitcher, joins Tyler Mahle (#26) in the starting rotation while Jeremy Kivel (#29) brings his powerful fastball out of the bullpen.
- Former major leaguer Jose Nieves remains in Dayton to manage the Dragons for a third consecutive year. Tom Browning returns to the staff as the pitching coach, and former Dragon Luis Bolivar will serve as the hitting coach. Former Reds catcher Corky Miller joins the coaching staff as a catching instructor.