Notes from the Field: Doing Time in Education,
The California Chapter
WHO: Created, written, and performed by Anna Deavere Smith
Directed by Leah C. Gardiner
Featuring music composed and performed by Marcus Shelby
The creative team includes John Arnone (scenic designer), Ann Hould-Ward (costume designer), Alexander V. Nichols (lighting and projection designer), and Dan Moses Schreier (sound designer).
WHAT: Notes from the Field: Doing Time in Education, The California Chapter
MacArthur Award winner Anna Deavere Smith turns her attention to the school-to-prison pipeline and performs striking portraits culled from interviews she conducted with nearly 150 individuals in Northern California and elsewhere in the nation, affected by the pipeline’s devastating policies – capturing the dynamics of a rapidly shifting social issue through her trademark performance technique.
WHERE: Berkeley Repertory Theatre, Roda Theatre, 2015 Addison Street Berkeley, CA 94704
WHEN: THREE WEEKS ONLY! Saturday, July 11 – Sunday, August 2, 2015
- Tuesdays and Fridays @ 8:00 PM
- Wednesdays @ 8:00 PM on 7/15 and @ 7:00 PM on 7/29
- Thursday @ 8:00 PM
- Saturdays @ 2:00 & 8:00 PM and @ 8:00 PM on 7/11
- Sundays @ 2:00 PM & 7:00 PM and @ 7:00 PM on 7/12 & @ 2:00 PM 7/19
- No performance on Mondays & 7/21 & 7/22
HOW MUCH: Premium: $77-89· Section A: $63-73· Section B: $50-60 (subject to change).
Berkeley Rep is offering a wide array of ticket discounts including:
- 1,000 free community tickets are available by application to nonprofit, and government organizations serving populations impacted by the school-to-prison pipeline and individuals for whom cost would be a barrier; details available at http://www.berkeleyrep.org/season/1415/9293.asp#tabbed-nav=groups;
- Reduced priced tickets for those under 30, only $25 each
- Groups of 15 or more receive a 20 percent discount; call, (510) 647-2918 for more information; to reach the Box Office call, (510) 647-2949 or visit berkeleyrep.org
# # #