An Evening in Conversation with
Hosted by “Bad to the Bone” GEORGE THOROGOOD
In Celebration of John Fogerty’s Upcoming Memoir
FORTUNATE SON: My Life, My Music
Monday, October 12th at LA’s Famed TROUBADOUR
Additional Events Taking Place in New York & Los Angeles
Los Angeles – September 17, 2015 – An exclusive intimate, ‘one-of-a-kind’, evening will take place on Monday, October 12th at LA’s famed Troubadour in West Hollywood (tickets on-sale Friday, September 18 @ 10amPT). Celebrating the October 6th release of JOHN FOGERTY’s memoir, FORTUNATE SON: My Life, My Music, FOGERTY will be joined by longtime friend and American rock icon, George Thorogood. Billed as “An Evening In Conversation with John Fogerty” the event will feature an intimate Q&A session with “Bad to the Bone” George Thorogood interviewing FOGERTY about his life and the events detailed in this exciting memoir.
“I spent many, many hours reflecting and writing about the details of my life, from childhood dreams, the passion behind my music, all leading up to my life today,” says Fogerty. “ I am very excited to have my fans read and share in my story. It hasn’t been easy, but where it leads certainly has been worth it all.”
Creedence Clearwater Revival is one of the most important and beloved bands in the history of Rock ‘n Roll, and JOHN FOGERTY’s memoir tells a story that will keep music lovers and avid readers captivated. FOGERTY wrote, sang, and produced the iconic classics “Born on the Bayou,” “Proud Mary,” “Bad Moon Rising,” and so many more. Now he reveals how he brought CCR to the top of the charts and how, one year later, CCR was falling apart. Their amazing talents and culturally-prophetic songs, however, have endured for decades despite the series of personal and legal issues. FORTUNATE SON takes readers from FOGERTY’s Northern California roots, through Creedence’s success, his retreat from music and public life, to FOGERTY’s hard-won revival as a solo artist who finally, through it all, found love.
FOGERTY was songwriter, lead singer, and lead guitarist for Creedence Clearwater Revival and is one of rock’s most influential musicians and writers. FOGERTY has been named one of the 100 Greatest Songwriters (No. 40), 100 Greatest Guitarists (No. 40) and one of the 100 Greatest Singers (No. 72), by Rolling Stone and his most recent album was named one of RS’s 10 Best Albums of 2013. FOGERTY has earned induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, the Songwriters Hall of Fame and now adds respected author to his accolades.
John Fogerty will also be making the following additional appearances in New York and Los Angeles:
• Tuesday, October 6th, 2015 – 8:15 PM – Fogerty in Conversation at the 92nd St Y – Buttenwiser Hall at 1395 Lexington Avenue at 92nd street, New York, NY –LINK TO TICKETS/INFORMATION
• Thursday – October 08, 2015 – 1:00 PM – SIGNING ONLY – Barnes and Noble 5th Avenue – 555 Fifth Avenue, New York, NY 10017 – LINK TO TICKETS/INFORMATION
• Monday, October 12, 2015 – 8:00 pm – Fogerty in Conversation – the Troubadour – 9081 Santa Monica Blvd. – West Hollywood, CA 90069 –LINK TO TICKET/INFORMATION
• Tuesday – October 13, 2015 – 7:00 pm – Fogerty in Conversation – Barnes & Noble The Grove – 189 The Grove Drive Unit K-30, Los Angeles, CA 90036 –LINK TO TICKETS/INFORMATION
• Friday – October 16, 2015 – 8:00 pm – Fogerty in Conversation – Live Talks LA – the Grammy Museum Clive Davis Theater- 800 W Olympic Blvd Los Angeles, CA –LINK TO TICKETS/INFORMATION
Check John Fogerty’s website for breaking news, new content and tour information: