‘A TRIBUTE TO DAN FOGELBERG’
Amy Grant/Vince Gill, Boz Scaggs, Casey James, Dobie Gray, Donna Summer, Eagles, Fool’s Gold/Denny Henson and Tom Kelly, Garth Brooks, Jimmy Buffett, Michael McDonald, Randy Owens, The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band with Richie Furay, Train, and Zac Brown Band Featured on Album
(Dan Fogelberg by Henry Diltz)
The long-awaited A Tribute to Dan Fogelberg album is out today, Friday, November 17, 2017. Produced by Dan’s wife, Jean Fogelberg; Norbert Putnam; his lifelong friend and manager, Irving Azoff; and Chuck Morris, the homage to multi-platinum, singer/songwriter Dan Fogelberg is being released worldwide through BMG. The album contains recreations of some of Dan’s biggest hits, such as the Top 10 hits, including “Longer,” “Leader of the Band,” and “Same Old Lang Syne.” Songs from his multi-platinum albums are also featured, such as “Phoenix,” “Nether Lands,” and “Part of the Plan.” A complete track listing can be found below.
In August 2017, Dan Fogelberg was inducted into the Colorado Music Hall Of Fame, along with Joe Walsh and Barnstorm and James Guercio of Caribou Ranch, during “The Rocky Mountain Way” event at the Fiddlers Green near Denver. The tribute concert featured Garth Brooks, Vince Gill, Amy Grant, the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band with Richie Furay, Fools Gold & others performing selections from Dan Fogelberg’s illustrious career to a sold-out crowd of nearly 20,000 fans. The memorable night was capped with most of the night’s performers joining on stage for an epic rendition of “There’s A Place In The World For A Gambler” led by Garth Brooks. The concert was filmed and will air in Spring 2018 on AXS TV.
A Tribute to Dan Fogelberg track listing:
1. Phoenix performed by Garth Brooks
2. Nether Lands performed by Donna Summer
3. Better Change performed by Michael McDonald
4. Longer performed by Amy Grant/Vince Gill
5. Same Old Lang Syne performed by Train
6. Don’t Lose Heart performed by Dobie Gray
7. Old Tennessee performed by Fool’s Gold/Denny Henson and Tom Kelly
8. As the Raven Flies performed by Casey James
9. Sutters Mill performed by Randy Owens
10. Run for the Roses performed by The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band with Richie Furay
11. Hard to Say performed by Boz Scaggs
12. Part of the Plan performed by the Eagles
13. There’s a Place in the World for a Gambler performed by Jimmy Buffett
14. Leader of the Band performed by Zac Brown Band
For reviews, media may stream the album HERE. CDs are available upon request.
Fans can purchase A Tribute to Dan Fogelberg here:
Dan Fogelberg, one of the most popular artists of the ’70s and ’80s, was a key component of the golden age of the singer/songwriter. His second album, the 1974 Joe Walsh-produced Souvenirs, hit the top 20 and led Dan into a three-decade run that would include 11 platinum and two gold albums. His best- known songs include “Longer”, a ballad that became a wedding ceremony standard; “Leader of the Band,” a tribute to his bandleader father, Lawrence Fogelberg; “Run For The Roses”, the unofficial theme of the Kentucky Derby; and the seasonal staple “Same Old Lang Syne.” Dan Fogelberg died of prostate cancer in 2007.
# # #