WalletHub Press Release:
With Memorial Day less than a week away, May being Military Appreciation Month and the average military retirement age being 44 years old, the leading personal finance social network WalletHub conducted an in-depth analysis of 2015’s Best & Worst States for Military Retirees.
To help ease the burden of retirement planning for our former military personnel, WalletHub analyzed the 50 states and the District of Columbia across 20 key metrics — ranging job opportunities for veterans to number of VA health facilities — that speak collectively to the economic environment, health care services and overall quality of life in each area.
Military Retirement in Florida (1=Best; 25=Avg.)
- 21st – Number of Veterans per 100 Inhabitants
- 5th – Number of VA Health Facilities per Number of Veterans
- 27th – Job Opportunities for Veterans
- 14th – Number of Veteran-Owned Firms per 1,000 Inhabitants
- 6th – Number of VA Benefits Administration Facilities per Number of Veterans
- 27th – Cost of Living Index
- 26th – Arts, Leisure & Recreation Establishments per 100,000 Inhabitants
- 5th – Percentage of Population Aged 40 & Older
For the full report, please visit: