WalletHub Press Release
With Hispanic Heritage Month having just begun and Hispanic immigration recently dominating the political forefront, the personal finance website WalletHub conducted an in-depth analysis of 2015’s States Where Hispanics Are Most Assimilated.
To measure how well Hispanics have adapted to mainstream American society relative to where they live, WalletHub’s analysts compared the 50 states and the District of Columbia across 14 key metrics. Our data set ranges from Hispanics’ English proficiency to educational attainment to homeownership rates.
Hispanic Assimilation* in Florida (1=Best; 25=Avg.)
- 1st – % of Hispanic Population 18 years and over Naturalized as U.S. Citizens
- 6th – % of Hispanics with at Least a Bachelor’s Degree
- 6th – Test Scores in Math & Reading for Hispanic Students
- 9th – Median Annual Income of Hispanics
- 12th – Unemployment Rates for Hispanics
- 12th – Homeownership Rates for Hispanics
- 8th – Poverty Rates Among Hispanics
- 7th – Public High School Graduation Rate for Hispanic Students
*For a number of metrics, we compared Hispanics vs. whites as a way to measure assimilation and normalize for differences that exist between states.
For the full report, please visit: