Multi-Genre, Multi-Platform Network Unlocks Key to
Reaching the Most Influential Generation of Consumers
REVOLT, the multi-genre, multi-platform music network, recently conducted the Road to Truth study revealing the #newrules brands should follow when developing media strategies that target the millennial audience.
“The Millennial consumer is native to the new world, where content lives everywhere, access is unlimited, and power structures are leveled through social media,” says Jake Katz, VP of Audience Insights & Strategy.
Highlights of the #newrules findings include:
1. USE ONLINE VIDEO TO ENABLE DISCOVERY: 1 in 2 respondents said they most often use YouTubeto research something new.
2. MAKE BRAND LOYALTY A 2-WAY DIALOGUE: 82 % said they pay more attention to a brand if they “acted like a trusted person” rather than a large company.
3. MARKET IMMEDIATELY, AS SOON AS THERE’S INVESTMENT IN AN IDEA: 85% wanted brands to experiment with new ways to reach them as a consumer, and 62% wanted the ability to co-create with a product.
4. MEET THEM IN-PERSON, NOT JUST THROUGH SCREENS: 71% want to be reached through live events they’re interested in.
5. INCLUDE A REAL-TIME COMPONENT IN YOUR MEDIA MIX: 77% are multi-tasking with media devices while watching TV and 66% expect a brand’s message to be relevant to what’s in their social media feeds.
6. DON’T BE EVERYWHERE: BE SOMEWHERE, STRATEGICALLY: 1 in 2 millennials express themselves differently on varying social networks they use.
7. ENTERTAIN THROUGH TV TO BUILD THE BRAND: 57% thought TV is better quality content than what they found online.
Full infographic for download: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zj9p08tvxm7nc4d/AAAXQfvi2so3J9yZQTs4lZW0a
Visit www.revolt.tv for more information and follow @RevoltTV in social media for continued artist interviews, music news, and programming updates.
ABOUT REVOLT MEDIA & TV
REVOLT is the new #1 name in music. Focused on expertly curating the best of the best in music and engaging youth in social conversation, the multi-genre, multi-platform network offers breaking music news, videos, artist interviews, exclusive performances, and original programming. Attracting over 50 million young adults through television, digital properties, social and mobile, REVOLT is accessible 24/7 – anytime, anywhere, any screen. Launched in broadcast in October 2013, REVOLT is available on Time Warner Cable, Comcast and Century Link in over 40 of the top 50 U.S. markets including New York City, Los Angeles, Chicago, Miami, Boston, Atlanta, and DC.
# # #