Restaurant Vendors Confirmed for 5th Annual Food and Wine on Pine
Locally-Owned and Independent Restaurants to Serve Up Locally-Sourced Options
ANNA MARIA, FLA. (April 10, 2015) – The Chiles Restaurant Group will host the 5th Annual Food and Wine on Pine event, taking place on Pine Avenue on Anna Maria Island Saturday, May 2, 2015 from 11:30 a.m. – 6:30 p.m. The annual event features the best food, wine, art and music the area has to offer.
When it comes to food, this year’s guests will enjoy unique dishes from more than 20 locally-owned and independent restaurants in the Bradenton-Sarasota Area. Each will serve local and seasonal Florida foods (farm-to-fork produce and tide-to-table heritage seafood from the Gulf waters) in celebration of the bountiful culinary options the state has to offer.
With a mix of returning and first-time participating restaurant vendors, the event will be a culinary experience all event attendees will enjoy. It will showcase menu items from the following local restaurants:
- The Sandbar Restaurant, Anna Maria – Mt. Cook Salmon Tartare with capers and onions on homemade bread with dollop of crème fraiche; Kids Hotdogs
- The Beach House Restaurant, Bradenton Beach – Myakka Wild Boar Sliders, Ceviche.
- Mar Vista Dockside Restaurant, Longboat Key –Gourmet Tater Tots
- Gamble Creek Farm, Bradenton – Farm-to-fork produce inspired dish
- Two Scoops Ice Cream Parlor, Anna Maria – Refreshing Lemon, Mango and Raspberry Sorbets, Mini Hot Fudge Sundaes and Mini Sea Salt Caramel Ice Cream Sundaes
- Paradise Bagel, Café and Catering, Holmes Beach – Jackie’s Bruschetta Trio: Prime Rib Au Jus with Blue Cheese, Greek Isles and Lomilomi Bruschetta
- Michael’s On East, Bradenton – Seared lump meat Crab Cakes with orange ginger remoulade
- Waterfront Restaurant, Anna Maria – Fish tacos; Carnitas
- The Feast Restaurant, Holmes Beach – Lobster Roll; Coconut Shrimp with orange ginger sauce; Conch fritters with Cajun remoulade sauce
- Blue Marlin, Bradenton Beach – Mini Grouper Sandwiches
- Bridge Street Bistro, Bradenton Beach – Nitro Ice Cream
- Island Time Bar and Grill, Bradenton Beach – Fish Burritos
- Island Spice, Bradenton Beach – Dosa, Mango Lassi, Samosa, Tandoori Drumsticks, Chicken Tikka Masala, Channa Masal and Mint Cooler
- EnRich, A Bistro, Bradenton – Israeli Cous Cous and Quinoa Salad with chilled shrimp, Gazpacho with fruit relish and crème fraiche, Rich’s Nutella Panna Cotta with crushed hazelnut and Hawaiian red sea salt
- Derek’s, Bradenton – Gulf Shrimp and Grits
- Riverhouse Reef and Grill, Palmetto – Kickin’ Green Goodness Shrimp and Lobster Chowder
- Sage Biscuit Café, Bradenton – Smoked Salmon Chowder with mini sage biscuit; Beer Braised Beef Slider; Cucumber Chickpea Salad with cilantro lime yogurt dressing
- Harry’s Grill and Bistro, Anna Maria – Buffalo wings, Hamburgers and Cheeseburger sliders
- Polpo Pizza, Sarasota – Bee Sting Pizza: signature pizza with housemade mozzarella, organic tomato sauce, fresh herbs, spicy salami and hot pepper infused with local honey; Parmesan Rosemary Flatbread; Basil Lemonade
- Seafood Shack Marina Bar and Grill, Cortez – Crab Bisque with sriracha popcorn; house cured Smoked Salmon BLT Sliders; Shrimp and Grits on a Stick
- Sugar Cubed, Bradenton – Tropical Coffee and Iced Tea Bar; Key Lime Brulee Tart with raspberry sauce and a shortbread crust
- Tsunami Sushi and Hibachi Grill, Sarasota – Stuffed Shrimp with signature crab delight, lightly fried tempura-style, topped with sweet chili sauce; Tropical Sensation: Tempura Kani rolled in rice and seaweed, topped with mango and strawberries; Salt and Peppered Tilapia
Food and Wine on Pine will also include a wide variety of fine wines and craft beer vendors. Southern Slush will be serving wine slushies, Covadonga Cigars from Ybor City, Gettel Toyota and other retailers will be present. The family-friendly event will also offer kid-friendly food, water and non-alcoholic drinks. The event features a juried art show, student art exhibits and over 30 unique musical acts. A Kentucky Derby tent will be televising the race and offering Kentucky Derby inspired drinks, a hat contest and prizes. Guests can also try out Tap Snap, a digital photo booth with multiple backdrops and the ability to be shared directly to guests’ social media channels.
More than 8,000 people are expected to attend the upscale culinary and cultural event. There is a $2.00 entry fee. Tickets for food and beverages are $1.00 each. Most food items will be priced between 2-10 tickets. Event proceeds will benefit local art and culture non-profits. Free parking and trolley shuttles are provided. For more information, please visit: http://www.foodandwineonpine.com/.