June 9, 2014
North Port Library to host forum on help for Parkinson’s disease patients and caregivers
SARASOTA COUNTY ¾ The North Port Library, 13800 South Tamiami Trail, North Port, will host a free discussion titled “Overview of Parkinson’s Disease and the Supportive Role of Neuro Challenge Foundation” Saturday, June 21, 10:30 a.m. – noon.
“County libraries are a key component to improving the quality of life for residents and visitors in our community,” said Janis Russell, North Port librarian. “By offering these types of programs we not only educate people on the disease, we also make them aware of the resources available to help them.”
Carisa Campanella, a care coordinator, will lead the discussion and a question-and-answer session afterward. Campanella will discuss ways the Neuro Challenge Foundation can help patients and caregivers including:
- locating Parkinson’s treatment resources
- asking doctors the right questions
- finding the most effective Parkinson’s Disease treatment options
- looking beyond medication to alternative and integrative therapies
- finding patient-based Parkinson’s Disease programs and events
- staying up to date on the latest Parkinson’s research
- planning for the future
- getting help at home
The Neuro Challenge Foundation was established in 2008 by Dr. Dean P. and Doreen Sutherland with a goal of focusing on the emotional, financial and educational needs of Parkinson patients and their care partners.
For more information, contact the Sarasota County Call Center at 941-861-5000.