Thursday, April 30, 2015; Game # 21
Parkview Field; Fort Wayne, Ind.; 7:05 p.m.
Radio: Fox Sports 980 WONE
Dayton Dragons (11-9) at Fort Wayne Tin Caps (5-12)
LH Seth Varner (3-0, 2.65) vs. LH Thomas Dorminy (1-2, 6.60)
Click here for the full Dragons Press Box Notes
Today’s Game: The Dayton Dragons (affiliate of the Cincinnati Reds) meet the Fort Wayne Tin Caps (affiliate of the San Diego Padres) in the last game of a three-game series. Streaks: Dayton has won 5 straight games after losing the previous 5. Dragons-TinCaps Season Series: Dayton leads, 2-0.
- Garrett Boulware over his last 3 G: 6 for 11, .545, 1 HR, 7 RBI.
- Ty Washington has four extra base hits in the series (2-2B, 3-3B) with five RBI.
- Jimmy Pickens is hitting .333 over his last six games (8 for 24). His five-game hitting streak ended yesterday.
- Brian O’Grady leads the league in walks with 17 (6 in last 2 G) and is 8 for 8 as a base stealer (tied for second in the league).
- Seth Varner is 3-0 and Wyatt Strahan is 3-1. They are two of seven MWL pitchers with 3 wins. In 17 innings, Varner has 0 BB, 17 SO.
- Brian Hunter has not allowed an earned run this season (7 G, 9.1 IP, 2 unearned runs, 2 saves).
- Jake Ehret over his last four relief appearances: 8.2 IP, 1 R, 14 K.
- Jake Paulson over his last four outings including one start: 9.1 IP, 1 R, 0 BB.
- Conor Krauss has allowed just one run in six relief appearances (6.2 innings).
- The Dragons have won five straight games. This is their longest winning streak since July 28-August 2, 2014 when they won six straight.
- Dayton will try for its second straight series sweep tonight after winning the first two games of the series by identical scores of 9-1. The won three straight vs. West Michigan in Dayton Friday-Sunday.
- The Dragons have won two straight games by at least eight runs for the first time since August 25-26, 2011.
- The Dragons have scored nine or more runs in back-to-back games for the first time since July 10-11, 2013.
- Dragons pitchers have walked a total of three batters during the five-game winning streak while striking out 50.
- The Dragons have scored 33 runs during the five-game winning streak. During the previous five games (all losses), the Dragons scored a total of four runs and batted .170 (24 for 141).
- Dragons opponents have scored a total of 20 runs in the Dragons 11 victories and 57 runs in the nine Dragons losses.
Upcoming Probable Pitchers (All game times are Dayton time) (All games on WONE 980 AM and www.daytondragons.com)
Friday, May 1 (7:05 p.m.): Dayton RH Mark Armstrong (0-1, 3.12) at Great Lakes LH Victor Gonzalez (0-1, 3.00)
Saturday, May 2 (7:05 p.m.): Dayton RH Tyler Mahle (2-1, 2.78) at Great Lakes RH Kevin Guzman (0-2, 3.21)
Sunday, May 3 (2:05 p.m.): Dayton RH Wyatt Strahan (3-1, 2.61) at Great Lakes RH Brock Stewart (1-0, 3.00)