Give the Gift of Great Theatre
Asolo Rep Gift Certificates are Guaranteed to get Great Reviews
Asolo Rep gift certificates are available in any denomination and allow your lucky recipient to create a great night out at one of America’s top regional theatres. It’s the perfect gift for the holidays or for any occasion!
Gift Certificates may be redeemed online, over the phone, or in person at the box office. Just have your gift certificate number handy. While most gift certificates are in an amount that covers a certain number of seats, the amount may be used in any way the recipient chooses; it is simply an open line of credit with our box office.
Giving the gift of great theatre has never been easier – call the box office today at 941-351-8000 or 800-361-8388, or purchase online here.
Looking for a way to deepen your involvement with Asolo Rep?
Have you used the entirety of your IRA required minimum distribution yet?
For the past two years, Congress has retroactively passed this remarkable opportunity which allows eligible taxpayers to use a portion or the entirety of their IRA required minimum distribution to benefit charities. Although this law has not been approved by Congress yet, the legislation should be approved within the next 24 hours and become a permanent fixture of our tax code.
Here are the details:
- Eligible taxpayers will have until December 31st to give up to $100,000 from their IRA to charity.
- To take advantage of this provision, the taxpayer must be at least 70 ½ or older and the distribution must go directly to a qualifying charity.
- The distribution can be treated as the taxpayer’s “required minimum distribution” either in-part or in its entirety. While a qualifying distribution is not subject to federal income tax, it will also not count as a charitable deduction. Not having to report the IRA distribution as ordinary income makes it essentially 100% deductible.
- The distribution must be made directly from your IRA custodian to a public charity or community foundation and can be designated for unrestricted use, a designated fund, a scholarship fund or a field-of-interest fund.
- Please note IRA distributions made to a donor advised fund or supporting organization will not qualify for this special tax treatment.
For more information about how you can support Asolo Rep, please contact Hermione Gilpin at [email protected] or 941.351.9010 x 4705.
REP SEASON BEGINS IN JANUARY with 3 fantastic shows opening in 3 weeks!
January 6–April 9
All The Way
By Robert Schenkkan
Directed by Emily Sophia Knapp
1964 was a pivotal year in American history and Lyndon Baines Johnson sat at the center of it all in this action-packed, electrifying portrayal of one of the most tumultuous times in our country’s history.
January 13–February 25
Living on Love
By Joe DiPietro
Based on the play Peccadillo by Garson Kanin
Directed by Peter Amster
There’s only one person with a worse temperament, bigger ego and more flamboyant sense of self-importance than opera diva Raquel – and that’s her husband, the Italian maestro Vito De Angelis. This brand new comedy takes us on a glamorous romp through the worlds of opera, marriage and celebrity.
January 20–April 10
By Eugene O’Neill
Directed by Greg Leaming
A comedy…by Eugene O’Neill? Yes! One of the pillars of 20th-century drama who created some of the most tragic stories for the stage, O’Neill also penned the wonderfully romantic and sweetly funny, Ah Wilderness as his coming-of-age love letter to a simpler time in America.
SUBSCRIBE TODAY and don’t miss a single moment of our 2015-16 season!
For personal service, call 941-351-8000 or subscribe online at: