ACM Lifting Lives®, the Academy of Country Music’s® philanthropic arm, celebrated its first-ever fundraising gala, hosted by country music luminaries Garth Brooks and Trisha Yearwood, at the Omni Dallas Hotel. The gala, co-hosted by Nancy O’Dell and Montel Williams, kicked off the 50th ACM Awards weekend with a supersized line-up of performances beginning with Hunter Hayes, Little Big Town, The Band Perry, Lady Antebellum, Keith Urban, and closed with Garth Brooks and Trisha Yearwood.
ACM Lifting Lives Benefit Gala presented by Mattress Firm highlights included:
- The Band Perry treated attendees with a special surprise performance of “Bright Eyes” with the campers from the ACM Lifting Lives Music Camp, who wrote the song during a songwriting session withThe Band Perry.
- The camp is a partnership between ACM Lifting Lives and Vanderbilt Kennedy Center for Excellence in Developmental Disabilities, which has the dual purpose of studying Williams syndrome while providing music enrichment through performance and education.
- Host Garth Brooks closed the show with an epic performance of his classic hit “The Dance” with Keith Urban and Hunter Hayes
- Additional attendees included: Jerry Jones (Dallas Cowboys Owner, President, General Manager), David Yurman (jewelry and timepiece designer), Charlotte Jones Anderson (Dallas Cowboys EVP, Chief Brand Officer), Josh Dorr (country music artist), Courtney Kerr (TV personality), and more.
- Proceeds from the gala will benefit ACM Lifting Lives and Garth Brooks’ charity, Teammates for Kids – specifically the Child Life Zones in Children’s Health of Dallas and Cook Children’s of Fort Worth.
Below please find links to download images and b-roll. If you have any questions, or would like additional information/photos, please don’t hesitate to ask. Thank you in advance for considering coverage of this event!
EVENT TITLE: ACM Lifting Lives Gala Presented by Mattress Firm
PHOTOS (Credit: Getty Images) –
- Select high-res images can be downloaded from the following dropbox link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ywle28lry2tl8ne/AAC67gD2nXdA1jQcTjLHzvcha?dl=0
- Additional photos can be found on GettyImages.com –
BROLL (Credit: Academy of Country Music) B-roll footage from the gala will be uploaded later (exact time TBD) to the following site –
About ACM Lifting Lives®:
ACM Lifting Lives® is the philanthropic arm of the Academy of Country Music dedicated to improving lives through the power of music. Through partnerships with artists and strong ties in the music industry, ACM Lifting Lives develops and funds music-related therapy and education programs, and serves members of the community who face unexpected hardships through its Diane Holcomb Emergency Relief Fund. Through generous donations and the support of artists and fans, ACM Lifting Lives is able to fund everything from disaster relief and helping communities in need, to music education in schools and music camps for those with disabilities, to supporting programs that use music therapy as a means to help our veterans and wounded warriors, while providing grants to help them ease back into life. For more information, please visit www.ACMLiftingLives.org.