Nominees for Visit Sarasota County’s National Travel and Tourism Week awards announced
Winners to be named at luncheon May 11, 2017
Sarasota, FL (May 1, 2017)- This year the US. Travel Association National Travel and Tourism Week (NTTW) theme “Faces of Travel” focuses on the men and women who make the travel and tourism industry strong. In honor of the “Faces of Tourism” Visit Sarasota County (VSC) brought back an awards program recognizing those members of the industry who go above and beyond to ensure our visitors have a positive and remarkable experience in Sarasota County. All nominees were nominated by their peers except for the Voice of Sarasota who is selected by the VSC Board of Directors.
All nominees and winners will be recognized at a luncheon on May 11, 2017, 11:30 a.m. at the Hyatt Regency Sarasota. Ken Lawson, President and Chief Executive Officer of VISIT FLORIDA, will be the keynote speaker. The luncheon is open to the public. Tickets can be purchased by calling 941-955-0991 Ext. 101 by May 7.
Nominees in their respective award categories are as follows:
- Guest Service Excellence – Management recognizes exemplary Management-level service consistently provided to guests.
Taura Agar, Escape Countdown; Sharon Brywa; Homewood Suites; Lisa Cedrone, Sarasota Trolley; Jefferey Gissinger, Louies Modern; Ashleigh Gonzalez, Hyatt Place Lakewood Ranch; Sheri Gooby, Mixon Fruit Farms; George Major, SpringHill Suites by Marriott; Tina Matthews, Sarasota Bay Explorers; Jeremy Osment; Selva Grill; Susan Ryan, Lido Beach Resort; Jesse Torres, Holiday Inn Lakewood Ranch; Minna Traugott, Hyatt Regency Sarasota; and Linda Wilson, Venice Farmers Market.
- Guest Service Excellence: Front Line recognizes exemplary service consistently provided to guests by an individual who is in direct contact with the public daily. Examples of these are wait staff, bartenders, host/hostess, front desk clerk/concierge and tour guides.
Jalex Beghtel, Escape Countdown; Betsy Falls, Hyatt Place Sarasota/Bradenton Airport; Nicole Hancock, The Ritz-Carlton Sarasota, Sally Krause, The Resort at Longboat Key Club; Maggie Logan, Michael’s on East; Candice Ruibal, Jack Dusty @ The Ritz-Carlton Sarasota; Regina Moreira, Libby’s Café & Bar; Susan Ryan, Lido Beach Resort; Vanessa Tilton, Courtyard Marriott & Hampton Inn, Buffalo Lodging; and Sherman Young, The Resort at Longboat Key Club
- Guest Service Excellence – Heart of House honors Heart of House staff member who consistently adheres to a high standard of excellence. These are often “Behind the Scenes” staff such as Sous Chef, Line Cooks and Office Administrators.
Lorraine Anderson, City of Venice Public Information Officer; Josue Delgado, Courtyard by Marriott Sarasota University Park; Chef Joey Egan, Louies Modern & Modern Events; Ed Geyfman, The Resort at Longboat Key Club; Jamil Paneda, Michael’s on East; and Liz Rodriguez, The Ritz-Carlton Sarasota
- Guest Service Excellence – Volunteer encourages and recognizes citizens for their commitment to enhancing the guest experience.
Jane Paulishak and Ann Madden, Marie Selby Botanical Gardens
- Sarasota County Rising Star Award recognizes an emerging leader within the tourism industry.
Melon Dash; Miracle Swimming; Laurie Davis, Just A Basket Case Events; Jessica Land, Hampton Inn & Suites Sarasota/Bradenton-Airport; Anthony Miloscia, Ocean Properties Ltd.; Sandra Rios, The Resort at Longboat Key Club; Shauna Ruby, Turn Key Vacation Rentals; Renee Ryckman, Escape Countdown; and Joe Seidensticker, Tableseide Restaurant Group
Visit Sarasota County leads and supports the tourism industry in Sarasota County by providing the highest quality, and most innovative, marketing programs and promotions to ensure the continued growth of tourism and travel from visitors around the world. It is the mission of VSC to make Sarasota County the must experience destination on Florida’s Gulf Coast.
Join us at our annual National Tourism Week Luncheon May 11th! Click here for more details!