Neighborhood Services announces next round of matching grants
SARASOTA COUNTY – Could your neighborhood pride use a boost? If so, you should consider applying for up to $10,000 in matching Neighborhood Grants, which are available through Sarasota County’s Office of Neighborhood Services.
The Neighborhood Grants are for projects designed to develop leadership, improve safety, enhance the environment, promote healthy lifestyles, define character and increase value in your community.
The Office of Neighborhood Services wants to connect people, resources and neighborhoods. We’ve got professional staff available to help guide you through projects related to water quality, crime prevention, disaster preparedness, Florida-friendly landscaping and more.
Concerned about your neighborhood’s ability to match funds? In addition to cash, neighborhoods can apply volunteer labor, professional services and in-kind donations toward their matching contribution. This program is available to all neighborhoods in Sarasota County.
Grant applicants must attend a workshop prior to submitting an application. Workshops will be available at the following locations:
- 10:15 a.m. – 12:15 p.m., Aug. 4, Selby Library, 1331 First St., Sarasota
- 5:30 – 7:30 p.m., Aug. 5, North Port Library, 13800 S. Tamiami Trail, North Port
- 10:15 a.m. – 12:15 p.m., Aug. 11, Gulf Gate Library, 7112 Curtiss Ave., Sarasota
- 5:30 – 7:30 p.m., Aug. 12, Fruitville Library, 100 Coburn Road, Sarasota
- 10:15 a.m. – 12:15 p.m., Aug. 17, Jacaranda Library, 4143 Woodmere Park Blvd., Venice
- 5:30 – 7:30 p.m., Aug. 18, Elsie Quirk Library, 100 West Dearborn St., Englewood