WORLD TRAVEL HOLDINGS RECOGNIZED AS NORWEGIAN’S
ELITE AGENCY FOR FIFTH CONSECUTIVE YEAR
Line names top travel partners for 2015 in 17 categories
MIAMI – December 21, 2015 – Norwegian Cruise Line has named World Travel Holdings (WTH), its 2015 Elite Agency of the Year for the fifth year in a row. World Travel Holdings was selected for this top honor based on their ongoing commitment to the success of Norwegian Cruise Line, their overall revenue, continued growth and loyalty to Norwegian’s brand.
“Congratulations to World Travel Holdings for being named Norwegian Cruise Line’s Elite Partner of the Year for the 5th year in a row,” said Andy Stuart, Norwegian Cruise Line’s president and chief operating officer. “We appreciate their commitment, dedication and passion, and as a result of their strong leadership and vision, they can continue to grow their business at unprecedented levels. We once again applaud them for all their hard work in 2015.”
Norwegian Cruise Line also recognized the following travel partners:
- Consortia Partner of the Year: Travel Savers
- Franchise Partner of the Year: Cruise Planners
- Global Partner of the Year: Flight Centre/Liberty Travel
- Breakout Partner of the Year: WESTA
- Online Agency of the Year: Expedia
- Home-Based Agency of the Year: Nexion
- Tour Operator of the Year: Yankee Trails, US
- Wholesaler/Tour Operator of the Year: Encore Cruises – Travel Brands, Canada
- Agency Partner of the Year: Non-Stop Travel, West US
- Agency Partner of the Year: Cruises & Tours Unlimited, East US
- Agency Partner of the Year: UCruising of Unionville, Canada
- Marketing Partner of the Year: Expedia CruiseShipCenters
- CM&I Partner of the Year: Lifeplus
- CM&I Breakout Partner of the Year: HPN Global
- Charter Partner of the Year: Whet Travel
Norwegian also honored Uf Tukel and Don Walker of We Make People Happy Vacations (WMPH) as the line’s Travel Agent Advocates of the Year.
As a show of appreciation, World Travel Holdings will receive the opportunity to have one of their valued team members sail in on a seven-day cruise in The Haven by Norwegian, the line‘s exclusive ship-within-a-ship suite complex. All of the other award recipients will receive a seven-day cruise for two in a balcony stateroom.
About Norwegian Cruise Line
Norwegian Cruise Line is the innovator in cruise travel with a 49-year history of breaking the boundaries of traditional cruising, most notably with the introduction of Freestyle Cruising that revolutionized the industry by giving guests freedom and flexibility to design their ideal cruise vacation. Today, Norwegian invites guests to explore the world on one of 14 purpose-built Freestyle Cruising ships, providing guests the opportunity to enjoy a relaxed, resort style cruise vacation on some of the newest and most contemporary ships at sea.
Recently, the line was named “Europe’s Leading Cruise Line” for the eighth consecutive year, as well as “Caribbean’s Leading Cruise Line” for the third time and “World’s Leading Large Ship Cruise Line” for the fourth straight year by the World Travel Awards.
For further information on Norwegian Cruise Line visit www.ncl.com; contact us in the U.S. and Canada at 888-NCL-CRUISE (625-2784); or follow us on the following social channels for the latest company news & exclusive content: Facebook & Youtube @NorwegianCruiseLine, Twitter/Periscope @CruiseNorwegian, Instagram @norwegiancruiseline, & Snapchat @cruisenorwegian! High resolution, downloadable images are available at www.ncl.com/pressroom.
# # #