WalletHub Press Release
With Thanksgiving bringing families together in the U.S. and Florida overtaking New York as the third most populous state in December 2014 — a large influx of in-movers to the Sunshine State in the past year included many families with children — the personal finance website WalletHub conducted an in-depth analysis of 2015’s Best & Worst Cities for Florida Families.
In order to help existing and prospective Florida families find the best cities in their state for putting down roots, WalletHub compared 115 cities across 21 key metrics. They range from housing affordability to school-system quality to general affordability.
Family Life in Sarasota (1=Best; 58=Avg.)
- 94th – % of Families with Children Younger than Age 18
- 83rd – Median Family Income (cost of living-adjusted)
- 32nd – Quality of School System
- 16th – High School Graduation Rate
- 76th – Violent-Crime Rate per Capita
- 89th – Housing Affordability
- 82nd – % of Families Below Poverty Level
- 35th – Unemployment Rate
- 90th – Divorce Rate
- 30th – Number of Playgrounds per Capita
For the full report, please visit: