THE THIRD ANNUAL IHEARTRADIO FIESTA LATINA BRINGS THE BIGGEST NAMES IN LATIN MUSIC TOGETHER FOR STAR-STUDDED CONCERT IN MIAMI
Enrique Iglesias, Pitbull, Juanes, Daddy Yankee, Nicky Jam, J Balvin, Intocable, Yandel, Farruko and Gente de Zona Perform Live On One Stage in Miami
TELEMUNDO Aired Televised Special of iHeartRadio Fiesta Latina on November 6
New York, NY – November 7, 2016 – The third annual iHeartRadio Fiesta Latina, which celebrated the best in Latin music, concluded on Saturday following an evening full of star-studded performances. The event brought the power of the iHeartRadio Music Festival to Latin music and featured live performances by Enrique Iglesias, Pitbull, Juanes, Daddy Yankee, Nicky Jam, J Balvin, Intocable, Yandel, Farruko and Gente de Zona at the AmericanAirlines Arena in Miami. The iHeartRadio Fiesta Latina also featured special guest presenters including TELEMUNDO’s Carmen Aub, Carmen Villalobos, Carolina Gaitan and Carolina Miranda and hosts Jaime Camil, Angelica Vale, Jorge Bernal and iHeartRadio’s Enrique Santos.
TELEMUNDO aired the exclusive TV special on November 6 at 6pm ET/PT / 5pm CT. In addition, the iHeartRadio Fiesta Latina video streamed live for fans nationwide exclusively on Telemundo.com and broadcasted live on iHeartMedia Spanish-Pop, Tropical, regional Mexican and Spanish Adult Hit radio stations across the U.S.
The iHeartRadio Fiesta Latina kicked off Saturday afternoon with “iHeartRadio Fiesta Latina Red Carpet Rollout,” the official free pre-event. The Red Carpet Rollout featured live performances by Farruko, Shaggy, Los 5, TU 949’s 2016 TU ESTRELLA Winner and Slam Academy Dance Studio as well as live sets by iHeartRadio’s DJs and on-air personalities on Saturday afternoon at XFINITY East Plaza at AmericanAirlines Arena. The afternoon event featured sponsor activations by Bud Light Chelada, Chevron con Techron®, Macy’s, State Farm® and Verizon.
Straight from the AmericanAirlines Arena in Miami, the magic of iHeartRadio came to Latin music with an extraordinary lineup that included the following highlights:
- Before Mr. Worldwide concluded the show with an explosive performance, it was a special moment in Latin music history when Pitbull gave an emotional acceptance speech while receiving the inaugural iHeartRadio Premio Corozon Latino award by iHeartRadio’s Enrique Santos. The award honors an individual that exemplifies their big heart by enhancing the lives, culture, heritage and future of the Latin community in the United States and as a supporter of special charter school SLAM (Sports Leadership and Management), the Miami bred singer told the crowd that it was the best award he’s ever received before stating, “To be with kids that are just like me, that came from nothing, and understand what it is to make something out of it is a true honor.”
- Enrique Iglesias gave fans an unforgettable experience when he jumped off the stage and into the crowds after reuniting with Gente de Zona during his performance of their hit collaboration ‘Bailando’.
- Gente de Zona paid tribute to the legendary Gloria Estefan by giving fans the ultimate throwback with the ‘Conga’.
- Nicky Jam stunned the crowd with a pyro-frenzied performance and covered his remix of Omi’s ‘Cheerleader’.
- Farruko brought out reggae singer and Red Carpet Rollout performer, Shaggy to rock the stage with him during his ‘Obsesionada’ y ‘Chillax’ medley.
The iHeartRadio Fiesta Latina is part of iHeartMedia’s successful roster of major concert events, which includes the iHeartRadio Music Festival, the biggest live concert event in radio history, which features more than 20 A-list artists across every music genre on one stage; the iHeartRadio Summer Pool Party; the nationwide iHeartRadio Jingle Ball Concert Tour; the iHeartCountry Festival; the iHeart80s Party; and the iHeartRadio Music Awards, which generated 115 billion social media impressions.
Proud partners of the 2016 iHeartRadio Fiesta Latina include BACARDÍ Rums, Bud Light Chelada, Chevron con Techron®, Doritos Dinamitas®, Macy’s, Mederma: Skin Care for Scars, Partnership for a Healthier America, State Farm®, Triple X The Return of Xander Cage, and Verizon.
With over a quarter of a billion monthly listeners in the U.S. and over 85 million social followers, iHeartMedia has the largest national reach of any radio or television outlet in America. As the leader in multiplatform connections, it also serves over 150 local markets through 858 owned radio stations, and the company’s radio stations and content can be heard on AM/FM, HD digital radio, satellite radio, on the Internet at iHeartRadio.com and on the company’s radio station websites, on the iHeartRadio mobile app, in enhanced auto dashes, on tablets, wearables and smartphones, and on gaming consoles.
iHeartRadio, iHeartMedia’s digital radio platform, is the fastest growing digital audio service in the U.S. and offers users thousands of live radio stations, personalized custom artist stations created by just one song or seed artist and the top podcasts and personalities. With over a billion downloads, iHeartRadio reached 90 million registered users faster than any other radio or digital music service and even faster than Facebook.
iHeartMedia’s platforms include radio broadcasting, online, mobile, digital and social media, podcasts, personalities and influencers, live concerts and events, syndication, music research services and independent media representation. iHeartMedia is a division of iHeartMedia, Inc. (OTCBB: IHRT). Visit iHeartMedia.com for more company information.
iHeartMedia.com | iHeartRadio.com
Reaching a quarter billion consumers every month